Can't get fighter rank because enemy keeps self-destructing!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slonor

Can't get fighter rank because enemy keeps self-destructing!

Post by Slonor » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 08:25

I've been trying to get some kills but the enemy just keeps on killing himself! Whenever I close in for the kill, he launches a missile which invariably gets hit by my lasers and gets destroyed along with the fighter that launched it. It is extremely annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 09:07

*sigh* use missiles

Sirin111

Post by Sirin111 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 14:09

I agree, sometimes i fail assasination missions, because enemy M8 launch missile that explode near it ship and i dont get the kill >_>...

And its almost impossible to kill any m3 with PBG, because of exploding rockets.

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 20:42

Sirin111 wrote:I agree, sometimes i fail assasination missions, because enemy M8 launch missile that explode near it ship and i dont get the kill >_>...

And its almost impossible to kill any m3 with PBG, because of exploding rockets.
well you're in luck.... bernd found out about it in a interview and they might fix it....keyword....MIGHT

Zetoss
x4

Post by Zetoss » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 20:53

I have found an alternative way of doing this... ROAD KILL. I'm serious, tried to up my rank for hours but those M5's were too fast and most of them offed themselves and the rest were hunted down by patrols, finally I got so tired of it I bought the fastest Split ship I could find with some decent shields and started ramming enemies instead. Roadkilled in space, how's that for an engraving on a tombstone?

TTD
x4

Re: Can't get fighter rank because enemy keeps self-destructing!

Post by TTD » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 21:07

Slonor wrote:I've been trying to get some kills but the enemy just keeps on killing himself! Whenever I close in for the kill, he launches a missile which invariably gets hit by my lasers and gets destroyed along with the fighter that launched it. It is extremely annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?
This problem is being looked into.

After next patch you might find it counts as a kill,if I have read the forums right.

Please don't ask me for a link.
My memory is not as good as it once was. :oops:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”