AP Lastertower Bug

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

amandla36
x4

AP Lastertower Bug

Post by amandla36 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 19:21

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I chose the bankrupt assassin start in Albion Prelude, I've repaired my relations with the Paranid and Boron, but all their lasertowers are still showing as hostile. It's makeing life difficult for all my traders. Is anyone else having this issue?

VincentTH
x4

Re: AP Lastertower Bug

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 19:43

amandla36 wrote:I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I chose the bankrupt assassin start in Albion Prelude, I've repaired my relations with the Paranid and Boron, but all their lasertowers are still showing as hostile. It's makeing life difficult for all my traders. Is anyone else having this issue?
Once you get higher ranks with them (I believe when you can purchase Police license from them), the hostile LT will turn blue AFTER you visit the sector.

amandla36
x4

Post by amandla36 » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 21:09

I have a Police License with all the factions save the Terrans (gotta have someone to fight with :) ). I've visited sectors with hostile laser towers several times.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 21:21

X3TC always did have the problem that when a red station turned blue as relations changed, its LTs if any did not necessarily do so. It was a particular issue for hacked hostile stations too. I don't know whether that will ever be looked at by the Devs for future X3AP patches.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jumpp
x3ap

Post by Jumpp » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 23:33

Did you ever find a workaround? I'm on a Poisoned Paranid start and I'm having similar trouble with red towers all over the place.

I tried knocking one down. The hit to my standing was grievous, but fixable. But it turned a nearby station red and I don't know how to fix that either so I'm not sure it's a great solution.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 23:40

This has been an issue at least as far back as X2. It's cause is rooted in how the game treats lasertowers. Basically, they're 'ships', and they all 'belong to' a nearby station. You can get a red station blue, by hacking and/or improving race rep. But the lasertower is treated as a ship, and ships have to be 'apologized to' in order to get red ones blue (once your race rep is high enough). The problem is that lasertowers have no pilots, so you can't comm them. No comming, no apologizing. And hence they never turn blue once they've turned red. Your only choice is to figure out the least harmful way of destroying them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 00:13

The remote missile trick still works in AP. Remote order your missile frigate to fire at the tower, and jump it out before the missiles land. No rep loss, no hostile tower. Rinse and repeat with smaller yield warheads if you dont have an M7M.

Jumpp
x3ap

Post by Jumpp » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 01:03

That doesn't sound too difficult. Thank you. That's very helpful.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 20:26

Jumpp wrote:That doesn't sound too difficult. Thank you. That's very helpful.
That procedure is only necessary in TC.
In AP, if you are in good relationship with the race, then the LTs will turn blue, if:

(1) You have Visited the sector
(2) You are now out-of-sector
(3) You send in an OOS ship into that sector (but not too close to the LT, of course)

then the LTs will turn blue.

Jumpp
x3ap

Post by Jumpp » Thu, 16. Feb 12, 23:27

That's awesome. Thanks. Can't wait to try it. Last night I scavenged some Wraith missiles and used them and my Hyperion to take out an angry tower but your way sounds even better.

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 12:47

Tonight I'm at "Priest Protectorate (66%)" and there was still a hostile laser tower in Duke's Citadel by a jump beacon. So I rammed it in my overtuned Gannet at 92ms, punting it a few kilometers away until it exploded. Lost 2% reputation for that rank and it didn't upset the police in the sector at all. No one to apologize to, no harm done really. :)

ps. Playing AP 2.0

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”