[X3TC] OOS Combat - Wares?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

[X3TC] OOS Combat - Wares?

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 02:22

I have several factories and complexes that have to defend themselves against Pirates. Pirate battles are routine in those sectors and, inevitably, Pirates will try to attack my factory or complex and get blown out of the sky for their trouble.

But, where are the wares? Where is the detritus normally left over from such an egagement? I will watch the battles, sometimes, or check the sector afterwards OS and I won't see any scrap on the radar display. No wares, no dropped cargo, no bits of spaceweed to be found..

This happens in OS Xenon migrations, as well. No loads of Banshee missiles for the picking after an OS Xenon battle...

Are wares not dropped in OS battles? If so, why do I come across wares IS that are obviously dropped in what was an OS battle previously? Are they only generated when I am IS?

So, the question is:

Do ships drop their wares or leave behind salvage in battles that take place OOS and can be seen on the radar, OS? Or, is salvage only actually generated when the player enters IS after a recent battle or was IS when the battle took place?

Belteshazzar
x3tc

Post by Belteshazzar » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 02:26

Wares only ever drop when a player is IS.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 02:35

Thanks!

I'll have to jump IS for some of these Argon Vs Xenon Migration battles. Let them duke it out and pick up the spoils..

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 14:37

In X3R even cargo ejected from one of your ships just disappeared if OOS. This was changed for X3TC. Never realised combat hadn't been changed...

Tim
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”