[REQ] Single Large Structure Complex

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sinxar
x4

[REQ] Single Large Structure Complex

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 18:41

Hey all im not sure if a mod like this exist. I see various complex scripts and mods such as modular complexes and tubeless etc.

If this exist please let me know!

My idea is to use a single large structure - in my head I imagine a terran station as the model. It should have 1 dock for a TL, and the normal amount of clamps for anything subcap.

The point is to use this large structure as a complex shell. Then you would add stations to it thus requiring you to actually transport them and manually put them into this shell (for balance) and they still require the normal resources. In fact it should retain all the normal aspects of a complex, such as the default production screen, works with CAG Admin but doesn't require the use of complex construction kits.

This would improve FPS in sector with giant complexes and would simplify the building of them. No need to manually position anything except the initial shell and no complex construction kits needed. Could add a fee to add in new stations, perhaps even a bit more than what a complex construction kit would cost.

For mines, maybe have an option to add a mine that you own in sector for a high cost, since they will have to remove the mine and break up the asteroid so it will fit :P

Again if this already exist please let me know. I don't want anything that doesn't require resources or the modular complex. Although the modular complex is the closest thing i have seen to this idea.

I would do it myself but I have no clue where to even begin.
Last edited by Sinxar on Wed, 18. Jan 12, 03:21, edited 2 times in total.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 18:55

This might be what you are looking for. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=294043
Still life in the old dog yet...

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Tue, 17. Jan 12, 19:12

Vayde wrote:This might be what you are looking for. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=294043
Thats a good one. Thats what I was referring to when saying it would should still require resources. However I am an idiot and didnt read the full post and how it works. I guess that will have to do. Too bad you need to be friends with the Terrans tho :(

ed: *sigh* it appears not to work unless i start a new game. only other script im running is Bounce. The shipyard doesn't sell the hub, just an argon shipyard.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”