jumpdrive availability

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

medea_dei
x3tc

jumpdrive availability

Post by medea_dei » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 12:09

I've started a new game using the Terran defender start. I'm following the Terran plot and after several missions completed I've discovered quite a few sectors. However none of them has the jumpdrive software and it's becoming increasingly tedious to navigate 8-10 sectors back and forth without one.

What would be the fastest way to get one? Do I have to go all the way to Terracorp HQ? (humble merchant is the only other game start I tried).

P.S. we need a quick question/quick answer thread for these kind of questions. I've seen them in other forums and they really help reducing the number of new threads.

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 12:14

once youve done the main plot, you will gain access to earth which sells jumpdrives.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

medea_dei
x3tc

Post by medea_dei » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 12:18

Can I do the whole plot in my Sabre and one TS? I was under the impression that plots require tons of stuff and a huge economy to complete.

Marvelous3175
x3tc

Post by Marvelous3175 » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 12:25

medea_dei wrote:Can I do the whole plot in my Sabre and one TS? I was under the impression that plots require tons of stuff and a huge economy to complete.
For the last part (Aldrin) you'll need a ship with a jumpdrive.
But before that happens you'll get a fully equiped Terran M3+ (forgot its english name) that should have a jumpdrive installed (i guess, long time since I played the Terran plot). That means you should finish the plot without eraning additional money

THe big economy and tons of stuff are needed fpor another plot.

medea_dei
x3tc

Post by medea_dei » Wed, 18. Jan 12, 12:32

Okay, thanks, that's a relief. I'll just grind out the rest of it. Hopefully travels will be shorter. I just went from Venus to Tears of Greed (14 sectors) and then back another 8 sectors. Even using SETA it took a while :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”