SWEN, Hangars, Figters, and Jumpdrives

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

dudeydudett
x3tc

SWEN, Hangars, Figters, and Jumpdrives

Post by dudeydudett » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 00:40

Currently, I have a Panther with 20 fighters.

I want the panther to belong to a SWEN wing. I also want the fighters to protect the Panther.

Here is the problem. The panther won't use its JD when it receives a SWEN warning because the fighters in its hangar don't have JD (error msg says units following can't jump...)

How do I get the SWEN panther to jump with fighters in hangar?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

CharlieChop
x4

Re: SWEN, Hangars, Figters, and Jumpdrives

Post by CharlieChop » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 04:20

dudeydudett wrote:Currently, I have a Panther with 20 fighters.

I want the panther to belong to a SWEN wing. I also want the fighters to protect the Panther.

Here is the problem. The panther won't use its JD when it receives a SWEN warning because the fighters in its hangar don't have JD (error msg says units following can't jump...)

How do I get the SWEN panther to jump with fighters in hangar?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I would really like some help on this too. Is there another solution short of buying JD for all fighters??

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 12:13

Just homebase the fighters, to the panther, and they will automatically engage any enemy attacking the panther without running into the followers issue.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

natha
x4

Post by natha » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 12:19

I believe if you put the carrier in the same wing as the docking fighters, the script try to jump them alltogether. propably you have to put only the carrier in the wing and homebase all the fighters.
I must research this further, as i may be wrong.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Thu, 19. Jan 12, 13:25

i dont know about the scripting but from my experiance that seems to be the case. only use the Carrier as a SEWN wing, although one issue i have came up with is that if your carrier jumps again as soon as its finnished its job it can sometimes leave your fighters behind which can be a pain.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”