Stock Exchange not updating regularly as it used to

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ExMachina
x3ap

Stock Exchange not updating regularly as it used to

Post by ExMachina » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 04:23

Forgive me if this topic has been covered before, but I did a search through all of the common threads containing the words "Stock Exchange" and none had seemed to address the concern I have.

Basically, I'm not a seasoned veteran of the X universe, but I purchased X:TC and X:AP from Steam and started exploring. I eventually found my way to Siezewell and started playing around with the stock market there. I spent a lot of time there playing the market. A few hours and many save games later, I managed to turn about 30K credits into 16 million.

But here's my current issue... recently when reloading a saved game, I began by trying to trade some more stocks. What I noticed was that, while watching the stock screen, instead of everything updating every 10 seconds or so, most would update, but a few would not. They would eventually update after waiting a few minutes, but not regularly like the rest. I didn't think this was a big problem until after I saved and then reloaded from a saved game a second time, then MORE stocks stopped updating. It is now at the point where maybe 5 random stocks update every 10 seconds as they should, but the rest seem to be stalled.

However, to add to this conundrum, I found they are still actually updating in behind the scenes, just not on the stock exchange page. If you go to view your personal stock holdings in your player information screen, it is likely you will notice the updated numbers there even though the numbers do not seem to update there either. Once you head back to the stock exchange screen though, it will usually reflect the new numbers as seen in your personal stock holdings screen even though they still do not update regularly. It makes it extremely hard to trade stocks in real time now if I have to constantly check another screen for updated numbers.

It seems to get worse every subsequent save game, though I've given up on the stock market at Siezewell at this point and I'm trying to work up to trading at the Argon Stock Exchange.

TL;DR version: The stock exchange page used to update the entire list of stocks every 10 to 15 seconds or so, but now after I'm a millionaire and after several save game reloads, the stocks do not update on a regular basis anymore. I don't know if either of these factors should have any effect on the updating of stocks in the stock market. I don't even know if this is working as designed or not.

As for other relevant troubleshooting information:
- Game Version is 1.1
- No mods are installed, just X3: TC and X3: AP... I've been playing AP
- There are no additional error messages. The Stock Market still works per se, just not as smoothly as it did when I first encountered it.
- I used the Humble Merchant start
- I would post DXDiag results here, but since I know they are rather lengthy, I'll refrain unless you absolutely need them to troubleshoot this problem. While my machine isn't top notch, it's still no slouch either.

If you need more information, I'll be happy to provide what I can.

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 04:33

That's probably working as intended. The 1.1 patch made changes to the stock market to make it less obscenely profitable.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 05:42

That seems to have gone from obscenely profitable to not-worth-the-bother if it's that slow and incorrect with updating. Sure it needed to be fixed, but that sounds a bit extreme. :) Haven't had a chance to try AP postpatch yet though.

jaeshaw
x4

Post by jaeshaw » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 11:47

AP Post patch stock exhange has died, I played for 4 hours last night and bought small quantities in various items at the beginning then checked occasionally and after 4 hour play none of them had changed price either up or down.

I doubt I will waste any more time on the stock exchange as they have move from excessive change (even though I never made the billions people said you could before hand) to no change.

Mike2988
xr

Post by Mike2988 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 12:06

easiest way to make money is to buy shares from company's made 10 mil in 5 mins and yes the stock exchange is a bit dif now but still you can make good money

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 12:21

Just tested the new stock exchange today.

In two hours I went from 600k to 21mill...

That was with trading naturals post patch.

You can still make loads of cash very easily, but the stock market updates do seem slower and they seem almost more random.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”