[AP] Stock exchange in DiD mode, need help

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Exiler65
x4

[AP] Stock exchange in DiD mode, need help

Post by Exiler65 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 23:07

Hi there fellow X forum peeps :)

So I recently decided to start my own DiD mode and I read allot that everyone agrees about playing on the stock market as a first thing to do before anything else.

So I took my newbie ship and 1000 credits and flew my way to Nyana's hideout because thats the closest argon stock exchange. But just like the Boron stock exchange, the button is grey'd out. My question is, what must I do in order to view the stock exchange so I can start my DiD empire.

Another question is how will I make the split and paranid like me since they see me as enemies in this mode O_o

VincentTH
x4

Re: [AP] Stock exchange in DiD mode, need help

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 23:13

Exiler65 wrote:Hi there fellow X forum peeps :)

So I recently decided to start my own DiD mode and I read allot that everyone agrees about playing on the stock market as a first thing to do before anything else.

So I took my newbie ship and 1000 credits and flew my way to Nyana's hideout because thats the closest argon stock exchange. But just like the Boron stock exchange, the button is grey'd out. My question is, what must I do in order to view the stock exchange so I can start my DiD empire.

Another question is how will I make the split and paranid like me since they see me as enemies in this mode O_o
First of, the stock exchange works the same in DiD or in any other start. Followings are the condition to enable it:

- Boron: Attain Trade Rank of Trader
- Argon and Terran: Have a station in their sector
- Teladi: Pay 10K (so for you the closest one would be Grand Exchange)
- Paranid: Be Friend of Priest King (this is from memory, as I am at work, forgive me if that is not correct)
- Split: Fight rank of Novice

Now to be friend with the Split and Paranid, do missions for Split/Paranid missions givers. You can find such missions in friendly stations (Boron/Teladi/Argon for DiD start).

[EDIT] Here is a hint for you
Spoiler
Show
There is a 75K CR crate in the sector South of Menelaus Oasis. You can use that to upgrade your ship and pay the Teladi :-). I use that to equip IRE and shield and then do Defend Station missions, until I can cap/buy a jump-capable ship (Disco or Fujin)
Last edited by VincentTH on Fri, 20. Jan 12, 23:18, edited 2 times in total.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 23:15

I think you must dock at a SE once to be able to use it, and you can see the race requirements after you've docked (e.g. for Argon you need to have a station in an Argon sector, for Teladi you need to pay 10k Cr for each SE).

Exiler65
x4

Post by Exiler65 » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 23:16

Thanks for the tips, I appreciate all the info, though small this should provide some help, thanks :)

Edit: I decided to start over in the DiD because my ship auto pilot scraped the wall of the exchange..... But other than that, any advice on what to do to get started? I have 1000 credits and need to be pointed in the right direction :)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 00:12

Exiler65 wrote:Thanks for the tips, I appreciate all the info, though small this should provide some help, thanks :)

Edit: I decided to start over in the DiD because my ship auto pilot scraped the wall of the exchange..... But other than that, any advice on what to do to get started? I have 1000 credits and need to be pointed in the right direction :)
Read the Spoiler in my previous post?

here is the sequence I would recommend:

(1) Dock at Altreus HQ and sell the shield
(2) Fly to the pirate base in Veil of Illusion, and sell the 2 Space Fuel. Buy the CLS, and upgrade my speed
(3) Accept Any defend station missions in Queen Harbor even if you don't have any guns. The local defense can deal with the pirates. (or do the Spoiler in my post above).
(4) WHen you can afford it, buy back the shield and IRE at the Equipment Dock in Queen Ret., and possibly a Mineral Scanner.
(5) After you get the guns, you can now do the Defend Station yourself and hope to cap a jump-capable ship (Fujin, Disco). You can then transfer the CLS and do Taxi missions.

HOpe this helps

Zephyrus20
x3

Re: [AP] Stock exchange in DiD mode, need help

Post by Zephyrus20 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 02:12

Exiler65 wrote: So I recently decided to start my own DiD mode and I read allot that everyone agrees about playing on the stock market as a first thing to do before anything else.
I'm not sure I agree that starting off with the stock market is the best idea...I agree, it sure beats the old-fashioned "get a freighter and start hauling Delaxian wheat" way of starting to build capital, but there's a whole, rich universe out there to explore -- go poke around, take some missions, see the sights! The stock market feature is nice, but it does eventually make your game feel a bit like an evil lovechild of roulette and MS Excel.

Plus, that way, you'll know the local economy a bit better once you start playing the market, which does actually help with said market-playing.
You'll probably have to hang around Split and Paranid border sectors and kill pirates or Xenon. This's especially hard for the Paranid, since they don't have the same Xenon problem the other races do. Alternately, you could kill Boron in Split sectors and Argon in Paranid sectors, but then you ruin your reputation with those races.

Exiler65
x4

Post by Exiler65 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 09:11

I read your post Vincent, I couldnt find the crate in the sector you talked about, I explored everything in it up and down.

I will try out your other method I guess, but this is proving to be very difficult for me to start lol.

how will I capture a jump capable capital ship?

Edit: I found the crate ... took a while lol

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”