[X3AP] Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

[X3AP] Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 05:21

A while ago I read a thread pertaining to X3TC in which the following was claimed:

If you destroy one of the IBL forges in Weaver's Tempest, a Yaki TL will (eventually) depart from the shipyard in Senator's Badlands with an IBL forge construction kit in its hold. The TL will then build a new IBL forge in Weaver's Tempest to replace the one you wrecked.
However, if you board and capture the TL before it gets to build the station, you have your own IBL forge construction kit.

Now I have some questions about this:
  • Is this actually true for X3TC or is it a bad joke?
  • If it's true, does it also work in X3AP?
  • Does the TL actually depart from the shipyard in Senator's Badlands?
  • How long will it take before the TL starts moving?
  • If the TL is scanned, does the construction kit show in its freight?
  • If the TL is captured, is there a 100% chance that the construction kit will still be in its freight?
  • Will the game try to send a new TL with a new IBL forge construction kit as long as there's only one NPC-owned IBL forge in the universe?
  • Will the game still try to send a TL as described above, if the player built a second IBL forge somewhere in the universe?
  • Concluding from the above, can this trick be repeated to get the player multiple, possibly dozens of IBL forges?
  • Is this trick also applicable for Plasma Burst Generator Forges?
  • If it is, what type of TL would transport a new PBG forge and where must I look for such a ship?
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 05:41

In TC I remember waiting for a couple of game months after destroying the forges. They never got respawned.

Vim Razz
x4

Re: [X3AP] Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge

Post by Vim Razz » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 06:15

I've seen the Loomanckstrat's Legacy IBL forge respawn. I've yet to see a Yaki forge respawn.

As for specific questions, I can only comment on a few --
J-M v2.5.5 wrote:
  • If the TL is scanned, does the construction kit show in its freight?
  • If the TL is captured, is there a 100% chance that the construction kit will still be in its freight?
  • Yes.
  • No. But you can always reload for another roll at the loot table.
  • Will the game still try to send a TL as described above, if the player built a second IBL forge somewhere in the universe?
  • Concluding from the above, can this trick be repeated to get the player multiple, possibly dozens of IBL forges?
  • Is this trick also applicable for Plasma Burst Generator Forges?
  • If it is, what type of TL would transport a new PBG forge and where must I look for such a ship?
  • Yes, with pirate forges. Again, I've never seen a Yaki forge respawn.
  • Yes.
  • Yes.
  • Always keep an eye out for TLs in the 'wrong' places. You never know what they might be carrying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”