Combat Tricks: Increasing Combat Challenge (OBS Mod and Guide)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 23. Feb 14, 21:24

I do intend to work on it soon, although some real life stuff has taken precedent.

In the meantime, just use a low-ish MaxMultiplier. Anything greater than 1 will make enemies stronger than vanilla, so you should be able to find a happy medium value. My guess is somewhere in the 3-10 range should be good, but you will have to experiment to be sure.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 04:03

Keeping it at 2 for now, as to keep the number of fighters somewhat in check (50-ish), awaiting your enhancements and wishing you the best in those real life endeavors.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 02:03

DrBullwinkle wrote:I do intend to work on it soon, although some real life stuff has taken precedent.
Still in the pipeline? :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 21. Mar 14, 23:02

Update

Combat Tricks OBS

Version 3 Highlights:
  • Further reduced generation of fighters above BigShipsOnlyThreshold (default is Fight Rank 7). (Tom5Cat)
  • Lowered the default MaxMultiplier, to make things a bit easier for some players.
  • Allow generation of M7M's.
Thanks to Tom5Cat for patient and thorough reporting, I was able to greatly reduce the number of fighters generated at high fight ranks.

@Tom5Cat: This worked great at my current fight rank of 19. Try it in your game, experiment with the settings a little, and let me know how it works for you. Thanks for the help.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 12:38

The very next day after my last post... BAM... life unexpectedly threw a whole heap of work in my lap, so I humble apoligize for not having been able to get back sooner. I do realise it must have seemed unrespectful, first asking about the update and then disappearing for a while, but I assure you, no disrespect was intended!

On a brighter note... witness the joy of a 44 year old turning 13 again, as he logged on and found the updated OBS had arrived in the mean time. Santa DOES exist! ;-)

Atten-tion! Officer on deck! Back to business... Got me some pirates to kill, check out the brand new OBS enhancement doing so...

Will get back to you in a short time, reporting findings... O goodie ;-)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 12:44

No problems, Tom5Cat. It's a game... and most of us have real lives to deal with.

Tom5Cat
x3ap

Post by Tom5Cat » Sun, 30. Mar 14, 18:11

Ok, my report...

Since my former report I've progressed another level in combat skill, so I'm at level 28 now. I adjusted the settings to (respectively) 2/4/3/3/1, since this was doable playing with version 2, apart from the many fighters that brought. Now, I get a nice spread of different cap ships, mostly something like 3 k's, 5 j's, 3 Q's and 1 P, and about 20 fighters. Taking care of 7 waves of these makes for a very nice, challenging and entertaining combat streak.

So, after a few hours of gameplay with version 3, trying out lots of different (combat) missions, ... well, there's no beating around the bush... it's just perfect! :D Absolutly great job DrB!!! Thank you!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 26. Feb 15, 16:01

Update

Combat Tricks OBS v4

v4 (2014-12-01)
  • Better (quadratic) equation creates much gentler starting multipliers and smoother curve.
  • A spreadsheet (with graph) is included to assist in tuning for your game preferences.
  • Configuration option allows turning off M7Ms. (ID 106 in addon\t\8563-L044.xml) (imortalvalk)

imortalvalk
x4

Post by imortalvalk » Fri, 27. Feb 15, 08:16

Very nice, once again Bullwinkle you are awesome.

Barricade Prime
x4

Post by Barricade Prime » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 22:28

anyone still got the link? its broken ._.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 22:32

The first mirror in the opening post works fine for me. Trying deactivating any NoScript addons in your browser, in case the download doesn't start automatically.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Barricade Prime
x4

Post by Barricade Prime » Tue, 29. Aug 17, 20:52

got it :) thx

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”