"Reduced excessive Stock Exchanges profitability"

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Id13

"Reduced excessive Stock Exchanges profitability"

Post by Id13 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 21:30

Does anyone know specifically what this means? I haven't had a chance to play since the patch, but I'm wondering if that is in regards to the "exploits"? I've never really bothered with those, I'm more concerned if that will affect simple trading?

Thanks

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 21:40

Not really sure, but I'll take a guess that the update rate for the 'naturals' has been nerfed, as they're the ones everyone kept saying were easily exploitable...
[ external image ]
***modified***
"You can get more of what you want with kind words and a gun, than you can with just kind words" - Al Capone

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 21:45

Not sure about that either. I just started playing AP yesterday. took an hour or so to upgrade my vulture (teladi trafficker start) and have a spare 20k credits by regular e-cell trading. 2 hours later trading in naturals i was sitting on 133 mil credits.

In my game they will go way up to index 140+. Buy em all and a few mins later they drop to 20s/30s. I read it was nerfed but it doesn't seem like much of one.

Cougar81
x3tc

Post by Cougar81 » Sat, 21. Jan 12, 22:08

that's weird I keep hearing this on the forums but in my game I rarely get the chance to sell a stock for less than 85 (buying) index. I trade in Company stocks mostly, but did quite a few naturals in the beginning. Maybe it has a lot to do with the area the exchange is in ..

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Sun, 22. Jan 12, 01:49

Cougar81 wrote:that's weird I keep hearing this on the forums but in my game I rarely get the chance to sell a stock for less than 85 (buying) index. I trade in Company stocks mostly, but did quite a few naturals in the beginning. Maybe it has a lot to do with the area the exchange is in ..
Before the patch one of the teladi stock exchanges had at least 7 natural stocks at 200 and they never seemed to move so the stock was worthless. But in my terran game they very rarely went above 40 one was next door to a warzone, the other a xenon hotspot.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”