X3R/TC/AP - Repair laser Trick

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aelhis
x4

X3R/TC/AP - Repair laser Trick

Post by Aelhis » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 16:23

Hey guys,

I don't know if you guys know this. But here goes a great tip for the cheap pirates out there like myself(hehe).

If you want to repair all your ships by yourself to take advantage of the maximu profitssssss (like a teladi), And I'm talking every ship, even M1/M2,
And of course don't want to spend forever staring at the monitor, or even letting your computer running there just taking energy out heres what u gotta do.

1 - Download and Install Cheat Engine. http://cheatengine.org/download/d1/CheatEngine61.exe.
OBS : You can do anything with tha program even your own trainers, but I will not teach you how to use or whatever here. Theres tons of guides out there.
2 - Execute it and select albion prelude process.
3 - Just position your laser at the desired ship, thel alt+tab to windows and enable speed hack with a speed of 20.
4 - Profitttss.

BTW you can even use that speed hack with seta for some AWESOME speed effects if you really like to abuse stations/marine trainnings.
I don't consider this process cheating at all as it just help you saves Real Life time. Game time passes as fast as you're repairing.

If you liked, plz say thanks ;)

Regards
Ael

chibajoe
x3tc

Post by chibajoe » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:48

So, you don't consider installing the Cheat Engine cheating? :roll:

BTW, it's already possible to use SETA in a spacesuit without going modified.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:58

Yeah, just have your damaged ship eject a SETA for you. No need to download malware or anything of that nature.

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 18:09

I laughed when you said it wasn't cheating installing "cheat" engine.

Seriously though the real life time investment is the deterrent to stop you from doing the above making it less desirable to do because it takes so much longer, or making the reward that much more prized for taking a large investment.

I'm not saying I disagree about not wanting to invest extra time to do what I consider trivial tasks, but that's why I roll with a modded game. My repair laser repairs 500 hull instead of the default AP 20. The whole modified purist thing is a bit over the top if your using these tactics. X3 Editor 2 is your friend and so is Cycrow's Plugin Manager

Gazz
x4

Re: X3R/TC/AP - Repair laser Trick

Post by Gazz » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 18:20

Aelhis wrote:I don't consider this process cheating at all as it just help you saves Real Life time.

If you liked, plz say thanks ;)
LOL! Thanks! Made my day. =P

Kinda like... fighting for peace.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

kardz
x3ap

Post by kardz » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 18:27

I'm a cheapass myself and all I do is space walk out and shoot the repair laser then do shift +tab into steam UI relay and it keeps firing the laser while I browse using the steam browser.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 18:28

kardz wrote:I'm a cheapass myself and all I do is space walk out and shoot the repair laser then do shift +tab into steam UI relay and it keeps firing the laser while I browse using the steam browser.
Before I found the eject SETA trick, I just put a Swiss Army Knife on my Ctrl key and watched a movie. ;)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 18:37

Oh no! Not the Swiss Army Knife cheat!
That's so totally not vanilla!
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:09

If using external apps, I just prefer to just add 8 repair lasers to my vanilla :P game via Artmoney. Doesn't break the immersion as much as relying on an external app to do things repeatedly.

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:27

So if you prepared to do this, why not just 'restore shields and hull'?
It's the same thing.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:33

Axeface wrote:So if you prepared to do this, why not just 'restore shields and hull'?
It's the same thing.
What is "restore shield and hull", that magical trick RRF ships use? :)

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:39

I jammed a piece of card in the ctrl key and went and watched TV while i repaired the Aran.
Couldnt understand why each time i came back i was dead...
Then i noticed the suit had limited Air supply. :oops:

Aelhis
x4

Post by Aelhis » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:53

Well like I said.
I'm only using the speed hack part to accelerate my game as SETA does.
(actually 2x faster dan SETA 10x).
So I don't have to leave comp all day running with a "stuck keyboard key".

If you want to cheat it's always easier to script. Much more user friendly than any 3rd party program ;).

Hardin
x3tc

Post by Hardin » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:53

kurush wrote:
Axeface wrote:So if you prepared to do this, why not just 'restore shields and hull'?
It's the same thing.
What is "restore shield and hull", that magical trick RRF ships use? :)
The restore shields and hull from the cheat scripts in the scripting forum. You can even set it to use a hotkey. It's much easier then using an external program.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:54

Hardin wrote: The restore shields and hull from the cheat scripts in the scripting forum. You can even set it to use a hotkey. It's much easier then using an external program.
Who cares about cheat scripts? :) We are talking about clean, vanilla games here. Cheat scripts are for another forum. Personally, I'm not touching any scripts. They make your save *tainted* and I lose interest fairly quick.

Hardin
x3tc

Post by Hardin » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:59

kurush wrote:
Hardin wrote: The restore shields and hull from the cheat scripts in the scripting forum. You can even set it to use a hotkey. It's much easier then using an external program.
Who cares about cheat scripts? :) We are talking about clean, vanilla games here. Cheat scripts are for another forum. Personally, I'm not touching any scripts. They make your save *tainted* and I lose interest fairly quick.
So using this speed hack isn't considered cheating? Interesting.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:10

Hardin wrote: So using this speed hack isn't considered cheating? Interesting.
Some not so smart people @ ES defined cheating by their *modified* flag for the purpose of stats and achievements. Scripts won't work, everything else is a fair game.

Hardin
x3tc

Post by Hardin » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:41

kurush wrote:
Hardin wrote: So using this speed hack isn't considered cheating? Interesting.
Some not so smart people @ ES defined cheating by their *modified* flag for the purpose of stats and achievements. Scripts won't work, everything else is a fair game.
It is cheating to use an external program to modify the game in non modifed saves(especially when the program is called cheat engine). It gives people who use this program an unfair advantage over people who get their stats and achievements legitimate ways. That is considered cheating.

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:44

I just do the "put something on the Control button" trick since I can't be assed to have a ship eject a SETA, fly several KM in the Spacesuit to get said SETA, repair the ship and then buy a new SETA for said ship every time I want something fixed.

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 20:48

Swiss Army Knife trick, damn that's a good one.

Mobile Phone trick, set alarm for 25 mins turn on vibrate, leave on ctrl key. Never died yet :)
Still life in the old dog yet...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”