[AP] M6 Buff !/?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sharkball
x4

[AP] M6 Buff !/?

Post by sharkball » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:29

So... now that the M6s were buffed to have laser energy recharge power around 1500-2200 depending on the model... what about M7s?

For fun, compare the recharge of a Xenon P, PX, and Q (hint: the PX's recharge is over twice as fast as the Q's)... or a Teladi Osprey to a Teladi Shrike... the M7s are really undergunned now...

Even the "best" recharging M7s... such as the griffon sentinel... barely match the M6s, yet they have much more weapons to try to sustain.

Aidyer
x3tc

Post by Aidyer » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:32

Yeah, I noticed M7's aren't as powerful as they used to be. I used to go and obliterate everything in my "Yacht of the Pontifex Maxima" renamed "Yacht of the Pontipines", but on the other side, they're too easy to kill solo.

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:34

Well the M7s can mount flak/anti cap ship weapons so they needed to balance that with lower energy so they cant keep on using them for long periods of time.

chibajoe
x3tc

Post by chibajoe » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:39

We've had this discussion. Apparently, having ridiculously overpowered M6s is what the powers that be want, so that's the way it's going to be.

Personally, I'm going back to TC until the dust settles.

sharkball
x4

Post by sharkball » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 17:53

Well I don't have a problem with the buff to the M6s.. I just don't like the fact that any given race's M7s have laser generators worse than their own M6s (yes I know the battery on M7s is alot bigger... but horrible recharge is horrible recharge).

CharlieChop
x4

Post by CharlieChop » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:04

the answer is simple... the m6 are anti-fighters... that before the change were not able to fire anti-fighter guns continuously.

m7 are still better why? cuz the firepower they wield (most of the times) is far superior to that of a m6 can wield...even if the m6 can fire non stop.

i really like this change, finally able to use a decent- dock able ship that is not the Hyperion....i wanna try the heavy dragon :D

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:13

this buff is long overdue, most of the corvettes were rubbish since they could not use corvette weapons effectively and ended up being a big fighter
instead of a separate class

M7 are still far superior in terms of damage and there is no need to boost their regeneration as they are still very good, boosting it makes destroyers obsolete

the fact that it makes little sense? well you could justify it by saying that laser regen has a negative relation with the battery size so huge weapon batteries of frigates take longer time to recharge just because they are less efficient

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 23. Jan 12, 19:31

Comparing M6 and M7 solely by their laser generator conveniently ignores that M7 main weaponry does 4-6 times as much damage at greater range for comparable energy, M7 have decent shields, like 5 times the generator capacity, fighter bays...
So yes, practically identical. =P

Jumee wrote:most of the corvettes were rubbish since they could not use corvette weapons effectively and ended up being a big fighter
This.
A fighter spends the majority of a battle not doing attack runs.
It depends on the speed and other stuff but as a rule of thumb, fighters are actually firing their main lasers 10% - 20% of the time.

M6 have turrets. Turrets they are supposed to be using while doing attack runs with their main guns.
It did not work because that would mean spending about 3-4 times the energy that a fighter spends... on a fighter-sized generator.
Trying to make bricks without straw...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”