[REQ] Modding Satellite view distance?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Phazaar

[REQ] Modding Satellite view distance?

Post by Phazaar » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 01:20

I haven't played X since the release of X3:R, and having just started again with X3:TC, I'm loving the scope of it, but thoroughly bored of the need for 8 satellites in every sector.

Back in the old days, this would have been not a problem I'm sure, but right now I can barely remember how to mod, let alone where the relevant data would be, so my question is, what do I need to mod to give Adv Satellites a longer range? I just need file locations really (I'm assuming 04.cat, though I have no idea passed that), though extra help would be more than welcome!

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I've already searched the forum and google, and can find nothing at all :(

Thanks so much for any help you can offer!

Phazaar

Post by Phazaar » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 01:26

PS. As far as I can see, the data isn't stored in the 'ship' file for the satellite, so somewhere/somehow it must become equipped with a scanner (duplex for regular, triplex for adv perhaps?)... Any ideas?

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 01:26

See the scanner ranges within /types/Globals.txt
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Phazaar

Post by Phazaar » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 01:32

Cheers Jack, I literally came back to post that I'd just found exactly that. For some reason it didn't show in my search, but found it through a link in a completely different thread! Thanks again for the help - hopefully this thread might show up in the search if anyone else wanders along! :)

Metamartian
x4

Post by Metamartian » Tue, 24. Jan 12, 08:53

I beleive Cycrows plugin manager has an option where you can alter the global variables including satellite view distance

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”