It's a Kha'ak Invasion!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sinxar
x4

It's a Kha'ak Invasion!

Post by Sinxar » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 12:50

So I started a new TC game. I did the Teladi Trafficker start again - love this start now, much more than humble merchant. Anywho there I was doing some random trades near Argon Prime. I found some good local deals in Ore Belt. I just bought a load of E-cells and was cruising to a Low Yield Sidearms Fab. Suddenly I get a warning beep. All I saw on the gravidar was a huge blob of red. I thought it was some Argon idiot launching missiles by the dozens at a pirate M5...

I was almost to the station. Then they came. TONS of Kha'ak scouts all around me but luck was on my side. They started shooting the station I was docking at. In true Teladi form, I finished my trade. I didn't know if I should undock or not as they were still swarming. They were even shooting at the docking clamps where I was.

When I seen the M1 and M2 on the gravidar at close range it was time to make a move. I said a little prayer and undocked.

[ external image ]

They didn't notice me! I made it to the west gate and looked back in time to see the station explode.

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 14:14

Wow, in the many hours that i've played TC I've never seen a Kha'ak or pirate force capable of destroying a station.

Did you have a JD? It must have been pretty scary being in such a slow/defenceless ship without one.

Alith-Ahnar
Xtreme
Xtreme
x4

Post by Alith-Ahnar » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 14:21

If my memory serves me well those Khaah interventions are typical for a TC start.

They jump-in dozens of fighters and some capitals and level a sector.

But typical those happens in far-off border sectors (the new x-Verse) to see one in a X-BTF system is indeed uncommon. :)
X2: You better go play with asteroids!/You losssssee profitsssss!
X4: Chelt are better pilot then you!/Machine behave badly Split switch off.

Coupaholic
x3tc

Post by Coupaholic » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 14:38

Same thing happened to me in Akeela's Beacon in an older game, a massive Kha'ak force jumped in right on top of me with a mind to do some damage.

I was only in a Mercury at the time and I was sure I was dead, but for some reason I survived the escape into Legends Home.

Even now I wonder why didn't they kill me.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 14:51

I had the same thing happen to me in Cloudbase South East once. A bunch of fighters and two destroyers showed up and started leveling the place, but unlike you they didn't leave me alone so I had to run for my life :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 25. Jan 12, 22:27

Goner start, X3TC. Treasury Chest got three pine-apples maybe 8 hours into the game. I was not there at the time.

I passed the sector couple times before they vanished. A Xenon J sailed from BHS too. I think it did die on passing. Someone definitely dropped a large can of Hammer heavies. Unfortunately, I had no ship big enough to scoop it up (nor to dodge the nearby "visitor"). :cry:

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 01:30

Coupaholic wrote:Same thing happened to me in Akeela's Beacon in an older game, a massive Kha'ak force jumped in right on top of me with a mind to do some damage.

I was only in a Mercury at the time and I was sure I was dead, but for some reason I survived the escape into Legends Home.

Even now I wonder why didn't they kill me.
They needed someone to tell the universe what they did.

This makes me miss TC very much. I like AP. The improvements are spot on. But without the hub plot it feels like I have no grand goal or badge of respect when I finish it. Without a new home or corporation plots I feel like it's completely a sandbox.

Well I take that back. The only plot in the game is basically a Jonferco corp plot.

(hint hint bring in more than just the player HQ in AP)[/b]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”