X3AP: Terran/Aldrin Starts - Plot QUestion.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aelhis
x4

X3AP: Terran/Aldrin Starts - Plot QUestion.

Post by Aelhis » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 04:35

Hey guys.

Just wanted to know even if I manage to get my Argon rank to maximum the plot is disabled right?

I'm loving the terran commander start. Seriously it's pretty hard on the beginning wich makes u think a lot of what do to. But as I'm with 2 days of gametime already I'm pretty much too powerfull now and was thinking of doing the plot.

Anyone have tried ot see if the plot works?

Dead_Goon
x4

Post by Dead_Goon » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 13:42

There are no Terran/Aldrin plots in AP for Terran players ( currently, wether there added at a later date remains to be seen ), so maxing your Argon rep changes nothing other than allowing you to buy Argon ships, factories, wares, oh, & you no longer get shot on sight.

Tho they will still atack your UT's, traders if your not IS.

Aelhis
x4

Post by Aelhis » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 16:00

damn...

Well anyone knows how we can get our hands on a Jump Beacon, and the AAmon prototype them? Also the other new ships?

Regards
Ael

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 16:18

Aelhis wrote:Well anyone knows how we can get our hands on a Jump Beacon,
By pirating in war sectors (this is not related to the plot).
Aelhis wrote:and the AAmon prototype them?
No way in vanilla.
Aelhis wrote:Also the other new ships?
Usually by buying, depends on the ship. This isn't related to the plot too.

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 17:59

Jump beacons drop from any Rapid Response Fleet ships, not all carry them and in the case of M8 bombers they usually go with a bang and destroy any loot. Got my first one from an Argon RRF Centaur and the another that was dropped in an Argon/Terran battle. There is another problem and that is all RRF ships will jump away when they lose their shields making an actual kill difficult without ramming them or use of heavy missiles that may damage the loot.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:38

CBJ wrote
War

Two gamestarts, Argon Peacekeeper and Terran Commander, are available which plunge you straight into the War action. Rather than starting the game penniless and poorly equipped as in previous games, you have a certain amount of money and resources at your disposal to enable you to fulfil your role in the war. The main game plot story is available from the Argon Peacekeeper gamestart but not the Terran Commander one.

Other

The other gamestarts in X3: Albion Predlude will be more familiar. They place you in the X Universe with minimal resources, and with no particular affiliation with regard to the war. You can trade, fight, build, and of course think, as you choose in the ultimate sandbox environment. The plot is still available in these gamestarts should you wish to follow it.

War Missions

You can take part in War missions whether or not you start the game from one of the specific War gamestarts. All you need is sufficiently high reputation with one of the sides in the war, and stations in the War sectors will start offering you war-related missions.

It does not mention anything about the Aldrin start having the plot disabled? If that is not correct, then it needs to be corrected.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:49

you cant get the aldrin start(normally), as it has an unachievable prerequisite. =P so it be abit misleading to say that the aldrin start has the plot enabled(assuming it is, of course).
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 19:59

Catra wrote:you cant get the aldrin start(normally), as it has an unachievable prerequisite. =P so it be abit misleading to say that the aldrin start has the plot enabled(assuming it is, of course).
Same as the Boron Lost Lar start, but people would just use RegEdit to fix that.

[EDIT] Correct start name to Lost Lar
@OP:
Spoiler
Show
Use RegEdit, and look for a registry entry "GameStart" keyword. Change the Value field to Hex 0xFFFF, then start a new game with the Aldrin Start. I think you would then be a Terran with the Argon plot enabled.
That would not make your game *modified* either.
Last edited by VincentTH on Thu, 26. Jan 12, 20:14, edited 3 times in total.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 26. Jan 12, 20:01

VincentTH wrote:
Catra wrote:you cant get the aldrin start(normally), as it has an unachievable prerequisite. =P so it be abit misleading to say that the aldrin start has the plot enabled(assuming it is, of course).
Same as the Boron Lar start, but people would just use RegEdit to fix that.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”