OOS Defence Issue

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cheakytoast
x3tc

OOS Defence Issue

Post by cheakytoast » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 18:42

First off let me apologise for making this thread since i know there is already one around here but i can't seem to find it :? If i mod can find it then you can just move this into there I would be very appreciative

Anyway my issue is that i've set up large complex in Family Whi since it is close to boron, teladi and split space but i'm having issues with keeping my transports safe.

I thought having a M6 patroling each 'lane' (one lane being the teladi space the west, one lane being to the split space to the south and the last lane being to the east) would be sufficent but my M6's are taking huge amounts of damage.

Initially my Hydra went up against a pirate M3 and a M5 which caused the hydra's hull to fall to 60%, i sent it back it back and got it repaired and decided to send them off in pairs (a hydra and nemesis). But this doesn't work either... after a few minutes there was another pirate attack consisting of 2 M3's (a nova and kea) which took my nemesis down to 37% hull.

Both ships have 600MJ of shielding and both use a mixture of CIGs and HEPTs.

I've also heard that there is a bug with OSS, is this it? I thought a M6 would be able to take down multiple M3's before taking hull damage.

One last note, in TC i used LT's to attact the attention of pirates so they couldn't go after my transports but for some reason the Split would suddenly attack on of my LT which would result my LT attacking back and instantly i would get a HUGE rep drop (from highest split ranks to near the lowest)

So my questions were 1) is this a bug in OOS combat 2) if it's not a bug how can i keep my transports safe without spending crazy amounts on M7's? :)

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 18:59

you dont.

you just sit back and accept that your traders are going to die at some point, and hope they atleast made enough of a return to atleast pay themselves off.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Fri, 27. Jan 12, 19:00

I don't know much about OOS combat but try searching the nearby sectors for Pirate Bases, destroying those will reduce the number of Pirates around.

cheakytoast
x3tc

Post by cheakytoast » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 14:57

Just a quick update, I decided to get an M7 (A Thresher), it has 3x1GJ shields plus a mixture of PPC and IPG in its weapon slots.

And again i'm having the same issue, my M7 went up against a pirate nova and 2 elites (1 m3 + 2 m4's) and they managed to get the shielding down to 40% on my thresher!

That's a huge amount of damage from only 3 fighters. Surely this can't be right!?

Does anyone out there understand how OOS combat works?

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 15:13

cheakytoast wrote:Just a quick update, I decided to get an M7 (A Thresher), it has 3x1GJ shields plus a mixture of PPC and IPG in its weapon slots.

And again i'm having the same issue, my M7 went up against a pirate nova and 2 elites (1 m3 + 2 m4's) and they managed to get the shielding down to 40% on my thresher!

That's a huge amount of damage from only 3 fighters. Surely this can't be right!?

Does anyone out there understand how OOS combat works?

You may want to check that your ships arn't forgetting there commands, as there is a bug that causes them to do so.
Easiest way to do it is set them to inform you when task is complete, causing them to ping you if they do forget commands.

I lost a heavy hydra to a dukes mineral transporter yesterday all because he lost his patrol command and i was busy dog fighting in Yaki space.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 18:32

It may not be a "bug", but it is a problem. Gazz fixed it:

OOS Rebalance v2

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”