[TC] Fighters aren't docking properly (also Follow command seems to be bugged)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aeshi
x3tc

[TC] Fighters aren't docking properly (also Follow command seems to be bugged)

Post by Aeshi » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 12:50

Well since I apparently don't have permission to post this in the Technical support forum I guess I'll just put it here.

Whenever I order my Fighters to dock at my Panther they go until they're almost in the Hangar bay and then just turn around and go back to the start of the docking pattern, forcing me to go OOS every time I want my fighters to dock (which is quite often what with the Panther being a light carrier and all.)

Also the "Follow" command seems to be bugged up (how did Egosoft manage to bug up the freakin' FOLLOW COMMAND) because it seems that ships ordered to do so will take any excuse not to. I just lost 2 Corvettes because they'd rather go get mauled by PBGs because one of the Pirates looked at him nastily.

EDIT: I think the fact that said fighters are in wings might have something to do with it since this doesn't start happening until a few ships have entered, maybe the "Wing Leaders" are entering the ship first and causing the rest to become confused?

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 15:17

I *think* the first one is the docking bug? Where they will just sit there at 0 m/s until you move to a different location?

If so there is a fix for that in the S&M forum. Why they didn't adopt this fix is a mystery to me.

You need to register your game before you can post in the tech support. There are stickies here that explain it in detail.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 15:22

If ships are in combat they'll first try and get rid of their attackers (by killing them) before following, I don't know if the Protect command works the same way. What other problems are you having with it?

As to docking? The latest patch did fix a docking bug so make sure you're up to date, but in this case it sounds more likely to be the usual problem that the autopilot has when coping with high speed, slow turning ships while SETA in engaged.

And as the forum description for the technical support forum says:

"Note: You can only post in this forum if you have registered your copy of X³: Terran Conflict or X³: Albion Prelude in your forum profile."
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 15:27

Sinxar wrote:I *think* the first one is the docking bug? Where they will just sit there at 0 m/s until you move to a different location?

If so there is a fix for that in the S&M forum. Why they didn't adopt this fix is a mystery to me.

You need to register your game before you can post in the tech support. There are stickies here that explain it in detail.
Nope. I've had that before and you can usually just fix that by moving around a bit because that happens when there's not enough room for them to come in to dock properly (i.e. the docking bay is next to an asteroid.)

What happens here is that they come in to dock until they're just about to go in, then turn around and fly away (and then do it all over again)

SepticTooth
x4

Post by SepticTooth » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 15:35

Only time I get that happening is when I order ships to dock and they get stuck in a loop getting in each others way and kicking the avoidance in then attempting to dock again. Though I don't usually have that happen with small craft like fighters. I fix the problem by ordering one of the offending craft to stop or do something else then order it to dock again and this gives the others time to begin docking and breaks the loop.

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 19:38

Tried that already. Doesn't matter whether it's one fighter or 5 fighters or my entire Hangar. They all just fly away and it's making even the simplest of tasks a massive pain.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”