[AP] What to do at Earth ?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Build a fleet support complex

Poll ended at Thu, 29. Mar 12, 13:12

Build a trading Complex such as what?
14%
Use it for Ship storage,ie EQ docks and Teladi Trading stations
21%
Don't build
64%

Total votes: 14

TTD
x4

[AP] What to do at Earth ?

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 12:12

Can't target The broken Torus like you can with broken gates.

There is much space real estate.

How should I use it?

Playing Humble Merchant , as usual.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 12:15

Correct me if I'm mistaken but if you get enough argon rep for the war missions to start- doesn't that make all your pretty things HVTs for Terrans when you're OOS?

I've never stuck around Earth longer than it takes to admire it and move on so I don't know if RRFs or random patrols of death show up there.

Edit- i'm still voting storage. Now if only you could get a jump beacon to drop somehow earth would be buttery

grumman
x3tc

Post by grumman » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 12:30

Probe1 wrote:Correct me if I'm mistaken but if you get enough argon rep for the war missions to start- doesn't that make all your pretty things HVTs for Terrans when you're OOS?
That's said to just be a problem with the War sectors.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 12:51

Ah. Full on ship storage then. If you must build in a trans accel gate sector than .. bleh it's always going to be a PITA :D Ship building because it'd be pretty to visit.

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 14:56

I don't have AP yet, but I've heard the wreck in that sector has a huge collision box that pushes other things away, so unless you've got a mod to modify/remove it you may find it's not very practical to build anything there.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 19:13

Yeah, if you could get rid of the wreckage and install a jump beacon then it would be a fab place to set up business.

As it is the collision scripts can push stuff out to 200km from the gate, been there , done it, waste of a brilliant sector.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 20:45

AL'42 wrote:Yeah, if you could get rid of the wreckage and install a jump beacon then it would be a fab place to set up business.

As it is the collision scripts can push stuff out to 200km from the gate, been there , done it, waste of a brilliant sector.
That sort of spoils it for me,unless there is a script to remove untargetable objects.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”