Advice on Yaki Rep

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sam97531
x4

Advice on Yaki Rep

Post by Sam97531 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 02:12

Is it possible to gain Rep by having NPCs buy wares from your station?

I'm pretty much almost given up on the whole trying to find yaki missions in other race sectors (from yaki attack forces or so), and I'm wondering, can I set up a massive weedplex or so, in senators badlands (they won't attack me and are blue to me there), and get recognition as they purchase off of me? Yes no?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 02:19

they have no trade ships to buy stuff from you.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

EspritFort
x4

Post by EspritFort » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 02:34

I'm pretty much almost given up on the whole trying to find yaki missions in other race sectors (from yaki attack forces or so), and I'm wondering, can I set up a massive weedplex or so, in senators badlands (they won't attack me and are blue to me there), and get recognition as they purchase off of me? Yes no?
If they are blue in SB just camp there. The ships there also randomly (rarely) generate missions.

Maxumous
x4

Post by Maxumous » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 02:38

I done one mission for yaki to get into there station for the IBL forge. Cant remember if it was a station or a ship.
Last edited by Maxumous on Mon, 30. Jan 12, 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
Neil "Maxumous" Short. Test Devnet Team Coordinator for X-Rebirth

Xander Cade
x3tc

Post by Xander Cade » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 02:40

I have not seen a single Yaki mission anywhere, either.

You can gain Yaki rep by killing other race's ships in Ocracoke's Storm (good luck getting the kill shot in Senator's Badlands and Savage Spur is unowned). Just be aware that if you do something like sending a Paranid TL there and then kill it, you will drop about 12 ranks with the Paranid, I went from 10 to -2 doing this and the Paranid proceeded to destroy every asset I had in Paranid space within five minutes. Stick to fighters and freighters that pass through.

You very slowly gain rep with all factions when you trade with them. Right now I am concentrating on selling Space Fuel, soon to branch out to other wares, to the Stock Exchange. I buy a lot of ships from the SY, but I do that because I like Yaki ships, if I gain rep from this it's a nice bonus. Remember that Senator's Badlands is effectively blockaded by the Yaki fleet so very few NPC ships will manage to get through if you build there and you will have to rely on CAGs to sell your illicit wares. On the other hand, building in Ocracoke's Storm allows NPCs to trade with you, but also sometimes results in your ships crashing into every damned Asteroid in the sector if you happen to go IS.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Maxumous
x4

Post by Maxumous » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 10:38

Try in Senetor's Badlands and Weaver's Tempest ,i got a mission in there.

Weaver's Tempest have two IBL forges, you need them for your bigger ships ;) Do one mission and you be accepted to trade with them. Unless you been killing Yaki Ships.

Ps. keep them supplied with goods to make the IBL's.

Hope this help ;)
Last edited by Maxumous on Mon, 30. Jan 12, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Neil "Maxumous" Short. Test Devnet Team Coordinator for X-Rebirth

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 10:46

your better off camping out in Senators Badlands and shuve on SETA, youll find there are very few missions come up but at least with seta on youll get one or two before you grow old....

id personally look at the likes of build station missions, most combat missions will goose up your rep with other races, also perhaps invest in one of the new TP's and have it loaded with ECells and a jumpdrive and park it along side you, ive had a few missions transporting people from the Yaki

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 13:12

Are you playing TC or AP?

In TC run a few freighters packed with ecells and sell them to any Yaki station you can. Once you can get into Weavers Tempest without the Shuri kicking your ass, start feeding the stations in there with whatever they need.

If you have a TP with JD park it at one of the IBL forges and if you get a taxi mission you're good to go.

As soon as you can start building stations in Yaki space to feed the economy. Do every build mission they offer once you have your own TL.

It does take a long time to get your Yaki rep climbing, if you focus all of your efforts for a few playing sessions the rewards of having the Yaki as an ally far out way having them as an enemy.
Still life in the old dog yet...

zapza

Post by zapza » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 13:51

This is all good advice.

I posed a similar question about Yaki rep a week or so ago.

If the Yaki Shipyard is 'blue' to you then you're almost good to go.

As someone has already pointed out, you might need to do a few missions before they'll let you into Weavers Tempest.

I picked up an early Station Build mission and then built my own mini-complex to 'feed' it.

Shortly after that I was able to access the IBL forges and picked up loads of other Yaki Build Missions.

As no one else is allowed in to supply those stations, you will have a 'monopoly' - it's gravy all the way AND I'm knee-deep in IBLs.

I kid you not, since I moved into Weavers' I can't spend the money fast enough.

I'm playing Vanilla without the Bonus Pack, mods etc so I have to 'move most of the goods out myself via an EQ I set up in Senators Badlands. No big deal really as most of the Yaki build missions were for weapons forges.

In any event, just pick the Build Missions that fit in with your overall aims. I've only accepted Weapons builds and declined any build mission which might take trade away from my own supply complexes down there.

Go for it, the Yaki leave you alone and they annihilate ANYTHING else that dares to enter their Sectors. Great fun watching them shred Paranid battle fleets ....

. :thumb_up:

Ebon Page
x4

Post by Ebon Page » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 13:57

I have seen some Yaki fighters offering assassination mission in the Paranid sectors near Paranid Prime.

You can gain some reputation also by killing Khaak ships in Ocracoke's Storm. In my game by killing two Khaak clusters raised my rep with yaki caused them to turned blue, but i was not allowed to dock to their station. By doing one assassination mission given by a Yaki ship granted me docking rights. After that i am free to dock and take missions from Yaki stations.

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 15:48

Ill try camping in senators badlands tonight. I tried ocracokcokokoekoeke storm but no joy for 30 mins with SETA on.

I'll try the whole chill out in paranid prime after. Even if I have to regain rep with Paranid after (I'm at + 8 ). I did it before when I went from +7 to -1 for capping a Hyperion.

Failing the above two, I'm going to annihilate and cap every damn one of their ships as a means of collecting them.

EDIT: Wait wait wait a second... can I not setup a factory of some sort, in Ocracokokes Storm - to lure in NPC freighters to destroy, then gain recognition that way?

zapza

Post by zapza » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 16:00

Sam97531 wrote:
EDIT: Wait wait wait a second... can I not setup a factory of some sort, in Ocracokokes Storm - to lure in NPC freighters to destroy, then gain recognition that way?
You could, but ...

In my own game (TC) lots of M5 freighters try to get into that Sector but none of them ever survive.

Before I got my first build mission I bought a load of Tenjins & Fujins from the Shipyard, I thought that that might help to boost my rep. It's a pain having to load them onto TMs/Carriers to equip their software at an EQ dock, but it might help to pass the time ......

:)

Dead_Goon
x4

Post by Dead_Goon » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:37

I managed to go from kill on sight Yaki rep to best buds ( TC, Terran defender start ).

I did it by flying around in circles in Weavers Tempest waiting for Khaak clusters to spawn, then killing them, i managed to do that 3 times, but couldn't get any station missions as my Yaki rep still wasn't high enough, until i got an assasination mission in Dukes Domain from a passing Yaki fighter, i wiped out a Split trade convoy ( both my Paranid & Split rep took a beating ) but that lifted my Yaki rep enough to get me docking rights & then taxi missions, build missions etc.

There where a few red hold out Yaki ships, but i just kept comming them & apologising till they eventually turned blue.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 20:48

Watch Okracoke's Storm for convoy kill missions. If there are non Yaki traders there, there's a Yaki ship willing to pay to have them eliminated.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Yaki rep

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 23:36

I make a point of getting friendly with the Yaki early on. Once I have access to weavers tempest I build complexes there to supply ore booze weed and crystals. A.T.M. I have ryu half loaded with IBL's

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 00:58

I noticed something, need further advice.

Pirate Anarchy port - LoomanstracksLegsandarms sector;

When you look up the info on it, it states it is a Yaki port - does that mean I can trade with it to get my Yaki rep up? Let me know - I'm parked there now with the intent of selling thousands of mosquito missiles :P

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 01:51

Sam97531 wrote:I noticed something, need further advice.

Pirate Anarchy port - LoomanstracksLegsandarms sector;

When you look up the info on it, it states it is a Yaki port - does that mean I can trade with it to get my Yaki rep up? Let me know - I'm parked there now with the intent of selling thousands of mosquito missiles :P
it is not a yaki station what the descripiton says is that like a yaki station this station want you to prove your bla-bla-bla

Sam97531
x4

Post by Sam97531 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 01:52

god #$(%$&($#

MySweetRevenga
x3ap

Post by MySweetRevenga » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 06:32

Sam97531 wrote:

Yep this works. I did it last night, it takes a bit of luck. Yaki outside of Weavers were blue to me, but their stock exchange was red. I put an advanced satellite in Savage Spur to keep an eye on incoming ships. Then I set up a station in Ocracoke, in my case an ore mine to be simple, but I imagine there are probably stations that could be more effective. I set the mine to buy resources, set ore to lowest sell price (50?), and set energy to highest buy price (20).

So now comes the patience part. Turn on SETA and keep an eye on Savage Spur. There will probably be a Yaki fighter or two somewhere between the gates. The patience part is waiting for freighters to come into the sector. Most will be killed. But with luck, some will be carrying fighter drones. I lucked out when a Boron freighter blew up, but left his fighter drones and they destroyed the yaki fighter, clearing the path.

So I kept destroying energy freighters and recon scouts entering ocracoke. a drop in recognition in each race later (2 drops in boron) and I could take missions from the stations in Senators. Couple missions and an apology to the shuri/akuma later, I could dock at the IBL stations. Now I'm in the process of building a self sustaining complex in Weavers to supply the IBLs to fit my Megaladon :D

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 10:11

In AP I managed to get the Yaki as an ally fairly quickly (did a few build missions and now they love me :lol: ), but not in TC. Though Yaki staitons are blue to me in that game my rep with them isn't enough to allow me to dock or be offered any missions, makes me wonder what the min rep with them is to get docking rights/missions.

Although I could use the cheat script for that, I instead used it to script in Xenon ships to their sectors and then kill 'em, but I didn't get any acknowledgement fior doing so. :lol:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”