[TC] IBL Fabs Not Producing

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kc99
x3tc

[TC] IBL Fabs Not Producing

Post by kc99 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:37

Anyone any insight into why my tame Yaki IBL fabs have stopped producing? One has 5 in stock, the other has 1, and they've both been that way for many in-game hours (time to deliver approx 50% of HUB Silicon). Both fabs have plenty of primary resources in stock. Secondary resources are empty, but I didn't think that was a problem.

Any thoughts?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:44

they take 4 hours and 24 minutes to produce.

delivering 50% silicon to hub isnt very indiciative of how long youve waited, i can do that in minutes.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

zapza

Post by zapza » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:46

you could try topping up the secondary resources - not too difficult, a few crystals and a handful of weed.

I've kept "My" IBL fabs topped up right from the start and they're happily churning out IBLs, albeit slowly.

Another "observation" I have would be to buy up any IBLs currently in stock - earlier I ignored a CIG forge I'd built for them only to find it had disappeared. It may be that you need to pump some credits into each forge in order for it to remain viable.

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:48

NPCs dont have a credit bankroll, its only a currency of the player. =P

but yes, moving products out of the forge when its full so it can begin producing again is important, as GoD deletes idle factories.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 18:56

when you say plenty, how much do you mean exactly, are you sure they have enough ?

some weapons factories can take half ot more of the resources for a single cycle.

also remember the more expensive the item, the more resources are needed and the longer it takes

weapons, especially high end ones, can take many hours to produce a single unit

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:01

Many thanks for the quick responses.

Nothing's been produce for approx 24 in-game hours, way beyond cycle time for these fabs.

I'll try buying up their current stock to see if that has any effect. I have been successfully using CLS2 Mistrals set to buy IBLs for minimum price when the fabs are full (8 in stock).

Maxumous
x4

Post by Maxumous » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:21

Make sure All resources are full ,even the second resources Spaceweed. Its because they get high on the job and they work better :)

Yeah they do take along time to make, I'm not to sure on the cycle time,but I think its the longest cycle time in-game. I use TS ship to keep all Resource of the IBL full up.
Neil "Maxumous" Short. Test Devnet Team Coordinator for X-Rebirth

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:30

Maxumous wrote:Make sure All resources are full ,even the second resources Spaceweed. Its because they get high on the job and they work better :)

Yeah they do take along time to make, I'm not to sure on the cycle time,but I think its the longest cycle time in-game. I use TS ship to keep all Resource of the IBL full up.
\

I don't think the secondary resources have any effect on the production (unless you use a mod).

Olorin35
x3tc

Post by Olorin35 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:55

VincentTH wrote:
Maxumous wrote:Make sure All resources are full ,even the second resources Spaceweed. Its because they get high on the job and they work better :)

\

I don't think the secondary resources have any effect on the production (unless you use a mod).
They don't need the secondary resources. However, as a poster above noted, unlike smaller weapon fabs, cap ship weapon fabs use a godawful amount of primary resources each cycle. Top all the primary resources off and see if they start cycling again.

I built a 50MCr complex in Weaver's Tempest with all the stuff they need to run (Fuel, Ore, E-Cells) and set a CAG to the complex. Keeps all the IBL forges topped off, and they're happily fabbing away. My IBL buyer has about 50 left in the hold now, after outfitting a couple of M7s for my private fleet (which used another 30 or so IBLs).

Zippo342
x3tc

Post by Zippo342 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 19:55

VincentTH is correct, for NPC stations, secondary resources only act as a resource sink. I.e. somewhere to sell your vast amounts of spaceweed so that you get paid for it and it gradually disappears.

This is why NPC economy even works. SPPs for NPC use crystal as a secondary resource, so they produce energy cells all the time regardless of whether they have crystal or not. Otherwise the economy would end up grinding to a halt as not enough stuff gets moved around to produce the crystals the SPP would need so there would be no power for anything.

In short if you want to make extra money while waiting for a forge to produce, deliver the secondaries as well. Otherwise just concentrate on the primaries and go do something else while you wait. Better yet, set a trader to buy up all the weapons as they are built so you don't have to actively monitor it.
Streaming most nights 1800-0000ish at www.twitch.tv/chthonicone/

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 20:44

Remember the mantra. CLS is your friend. It can both keep the forges filled and get the IBLs for you.

Since I didn't have production in the sector at the time, I set up a Chokaro and Falcon Hauler to buy the IBL's and a TS to pick them up from the Chokaro, while at the same time dropping off energy to be sold to the four stations in the sector. And ore for sale to the IBL forges, plus a couple of Discoverer Traders to move space fuel.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 21:47

Again, thanks all.

IBL alpha was short 7 ecells while IBL beta was short 73 ecells. Local traders have been keeping them supplied fairly well in the past, but I guess that was all luck.

For future information, Yaki IBLs in Weaver's Tempest require the following to produce 1 weapon:

3240 ECells
216 Space Fuel
540 Ore

Won't rely on local traders now. I've set up CLS2 to keep them fed.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 21:59

kc99 wrote:For future information, Yaki IBLs in Weaver's Tempest require the following to produce 1 weapon:
3240 ECells
216 Space Fuel
540 Ore
Which implies cycle time of 3 hours and 36 minutes.

kc99
x3tc

Post by kc99 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 22:06

Catra stated 4 hr 24 min above. Perhaps I've done my maths wrong.

Coming after turning on one of the cooker rings, putting a frying pan on a different one and then wondering why dinner wasn't cooking doesn't surprise me....

"Time for bed said Zebedee"

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 22:25

kc99 wrote:Catra stated 4 hr 24 min above. Perhaps I've done my maths wrong.
Catra probably did quote the cycle time of a player factory. NPC use less resources and time to make one high-end product.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”