[Help]Tfactories index matters? (XRM + SHC)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sayonara-p
x3tc

[Help]Tfactories index matters? (XRM + SHC)

Post by sayonara-p » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 22:01

What I would like to do is merging XRM (X3 Rebalance Mod) and Saturn Hub Complex (SHC). Each one have its own TFactories file so I was wondering if it's possible to simply append the Saturn Hub Complex added factories at the end of XRM Tfactories file or if, on the contrary, the index actually is important.

I suppose that SHC scripts somehow call the TFactories file. But does it by index or by internal names? (at the end of each line in the TFactories file, I see an unique name for each factory; that's what I mean with 'internal names')

Thanks.

paulwheeler
x3tc

Post by paulwheeler » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 23:30

The main issue with changing the index of t files is any scripts that reference that index will call the wrong object. However, it only affects the script engine - md files, and the main universe map call objects using their id.

As the xrm is mostly not script based you should be ok to shift xrm entries without causing too many problems. I think the main entries in the xrm TFactories that need to stay where they are are the weapon dealers entries as these are called by scripts in the xrm.

Bare in mind I can't be 100% certain of this and don't blame me if it doesn't work! :wink:

sayonara-p
x3tc

Post by sayonara-p » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 01:05

That's what I suspected. So factories are called by index rather than the unique name. What a pity. Anyway, that's what I wanted to know, thanks.

About your idea of changing XRM TFactories indexes, I see that it can be hard to do (not exactly hard but time consuming and I'm dealing with quite a lot of things) so I'm going to look for an alternative to SHC only script based (without TFactories changes) or something similar, more compatible with XRM.

BTW, I don't use to blame people that help me :P

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 05:59

Does this post from Litcube in the Saturn Complex Hub thread help?

He gives brief instructions on making the SCH work with other mods.

sayonara-p
x3tc

Post by sayonara-p » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 15:03

DrBullwinkle wrote:Does this post from Litcube in the Saturn Complex Hub thread help?

He gives brief instructions on making the SCH work with other mods.
Oh, great. How did I miss that? Thanks, man. I'll try that, since it seems a bit easier than I expected.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”