(X-BTF) Support from other races?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cobra mk2
x4

(X-BTF) Support from other races?

Post by cobra mk2 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 02:34

Hi,

I've been revisiting X-BTF (its perfect for my netbook) and i'm at the bit where i've been asked to gather support from the other races.

I have support from most of them but the Paranid don't seem to want to get involved, so what i'm asking is 'do i need to get support from all of them or can i forget about the Paranid and go and destroy the Power Stations without their support?'
It seems like i've spent forever trying to max my Paranid rep and it dosn't seem to be going up so i'd like to just get on with the plot.

I never did actually complete this game first time around before i moved on to X-tension. I did actually want to install X-tension on my netbook rather than X-BTF but it's good to relive how dumbstruck i was when first arrived in the X universe back then and realizing the possibilities, and i also have to complete the game once and for all.
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 05:48

I only had support from the Argon at the power station phase and was still able to complete it by just running around from station to station while the xenon chased me. (the titan died pretty fast)

I did have enough speed upgrades to use boost without seriously affecting shields, though, and also gamma-HEPT -- strong enough to kill xenon capitals if you don't miss too much. That helped a lot.

For the final fight, I had support of everyone but Paranid and it didn't seem to be a big problem to leave them out.

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 14:55

Yeah, who needs those stuffy Paranids anyway. They would probably try and get me to repent before they finally offered any help.
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

VincentTH
x4

Re: (X-BTF) Support from other races?

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 21:06

cobra mk2 wrote:Hi,

I've been revisiting X-BTF (its perfect for my netbook) and i'm at the bit where i've been asked to gather support from the other races.

I have support from most of them but the Paranid don't seem to want to get involved, so what i'm asking is 'do i need to get support from all of them or can i forget about the Paranid and go and destroy the Power Stations without their support?'
It seems like i've spent forever trying to max my Paranid rep and it dosn't seem to be going up so i'd like to just get on with the plot.

I never did actually complete this game first time around before i moved on to X-tension. I did actually want to install X-tension on my netbook rather than X-BTF but it's good to relive how dumbstruck i was when first arrived in the X universe back then and realizing the possibilities, and i also have to complete the game once and for all.
If I remember correctly, you have to go to Priest Pity where the Xenon frequents, and kill them to gain rep. Also, comm any freighter, and if it is a pirate, kill him.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 21:42

You can tell from the colour of engine exhaust which ships are Pirate.

The Xenon wander from (in later games Split Fire) via Priests Pity to other Paranid sectors. Following their migration routes occasionally scores decent amount of kills.

I had support from all races in the Power Plant mission, although with speed it surely could be done solo. I must have hit a Paranid ship during that skirmish, for I had to regain one rank with them before they agreed to join the final party.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 23:09

For the power plant mission and the final fight, I only had the support of the Argon. It's easily doable.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”