RE-Noob Marine question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

stimpy61
x3tc

RE-Noob Marine question

Post by stimpy61 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 04:07

Warped out of the x-verse (was too obsessed in it) for about a year and trying to RE-figure some things out. I just love the X

actually a 3 part question on marines

I have gobbled up a few hundred marines spread out, 60-ish on my carriers etc. and most still in training stages.
I bounce around a dozen or so military bases in a couple Toucan and Iguana Passenger liners to set training to the next levels.

THE QUESTIONS:

1: Is there a way I can send the marines back for more training without physically sending a ship to dock, trade, and set training?

2: If my ship happens to be at the base when a marine finishes training it is automatically boarded to my ship, 1* or 5*. I can not figure out how to send the boarded marine back for more training. help!!

3: OK the weirdest problem, even my carriers only hold 20 marines. As the marines train to 5* is there somewhere I can put/send/store them without buying carriers? The final aim is capping/cap-fleet and get some capital ships (for fun)

Thanks in advance
Stimp

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 04:14

1: no im afraid not (without modifications)
2: They will auto board any ship thats docked provided it has cargo bay life support and space for them, and you just need to goto the ship on propities menu and trade.
3: TP class ships hold 40 Marines.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 04:28

Fast Reply prO, thanks

For 1: Should I just sell the low stars and look for new or re-buy them?
I just do not keep a ship at the training facility any more but with the number of messages I get, the auto boarding still happens time to time.

YOU:
2: They will auto board any ship thats docked provided it has cargo bay life support and space for them, and you just need to goto the ship on propities menu and trade.
ME:
What do you mean by goto ship properties and trade? Just sell them back? Re-Buy? or find new ones?

3: Thanks

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 04:37

Just train them all the important skill is fighting because the only way you can train that is by boarding. Having said that as long as you send enough marines in for the boarding op and your prepared to save/reload if you lose too many, low fighting skill shouldnt be too much of a worry.

What i mean to say is trade with the station via the ship they are onboard and you will be given the option to train again.

NP

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 04:39

Thanks alot prO

Stimpy

Solomon Short
x4

Re: RE-Noob Marine question

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 05:33

stimpy61 wrote:THE QUESTIONS:
1: Is there a way I can send the marines back for more training without physically sending a ship to dock, trade, and set training?
Leave a ship capable of carrying Marines (TP, TM, TL, M6, M7, M2, M1) docked & just enter it's trade menu to send them back whenever you a notification marines have boarded it at the end of a training cycle.
stimpy61 wrote:2: If my ship happens to be at the base when a marine finishes training it is automatically boarded to my ship, 1* or 5*. I can not figure out how to send the boarded marine back for more training. help!!
Use the trade menu for the ship the marine is on.
stimpy61 wrote:3: OK the weirdest problem, even my carriers only hold 20 marines. As the marines train to 5* is there somewhere I can put/send/store them without buying carriers? The final aim is capping/cap-fleet and get some capital ships (for fun)
The previous answer that TPs hold 40 Marines each is true for Albion Prelude (in which M6s also hold 8 now I believe), in Terran Conflict the capacities are:
TM/M6 = 5 Marines
TP = 10 Marines
TL/M7/M2/M1 = 20 Marines

So if you're building a large construction fleet of TLs, you might as well use them to stockpile your marines on too.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 05:58

Hi SS

Just tried it and it does not work. I have 1 5 star on the base and a couple 2* on ship under cargo.
Trade I can not see my 2*'s on the ship in trade mode. SO I can not even sell them back, re-buy, re-train.

TC, vanilla, all patches -- if that helps

Stimpy

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 06:08

If your marines are not 5 star in all skill except fighting you should be able to train them more.

First check that your ship with the marines onboard is at a station that trains them.
Second select the station goto landed ships, select your ship and choose the trade option.
You should then be able to select the various training options.

@Solomon Short:
Did the 3.2 patch for TC not make the TP class the same as TP class in AP?
I presumed it would have but my apologies if it didnt and my advise was incorrect.

Solomon Short
x4

Post by Solomon Short » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 07:38

pr0nflakes wrote:If your marines are not 5 star in all skill except fighting you should be able to train them more.
Edit:
The above is a matter of contention, many people only train their n00bs to 3* in Hacking, Mechanical, & Engineering, which means they are usable against most Commonwealth "bigship" class vessels, which is where they get their "fight" training, then when that hits 5*, send the survivors off to maximise the rest.

Personally I go with 4* Engineering 'cos I do my preliminary "fight training" on "Return Abandoned Ship" capitals, & 3*s just blow them up... sometimes just as they hack the core. :evil:
pr0nflakes wrote:@Solomon Short:
Did the 3.2 patch for TC not make the TP class the same as TP class in AP?
I presumed it would have but my apologies if it didnt and my advise was incorrect.
To the best of my knowledge the 3.2 patch was only intended to fix things that were broken, & incorporate some of the performance improvements, Ship & Station improvements (if there were any of the latter) were not included.

That being said, I just loaded into my game & played for a short while (umm.. 45m??? Whaaat? heh) to check that things hadn't been updated, but this game was started under 3.1.1, & I'm not sure I got any of Marine-compatible ships after the update anyway, so I can't say definitively.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 08:38

stimpy61 wrote:Hi SS

Just tried it and it does not work. I have 1 5 star on the base and a couple 2* on ship under cargo.
Trade I can not see my 2*'s on the ship in trade mode. SO I can not even sell them back, re-buy, re-train.

TC, vanilla, all patches -- if that helps

Stimpy
You can only train marines at certain Military Outposts, Equipment Docks, Marine Training Barracks, and Rehabilitation Facilities. To check whether or not a station can train marines, target it and hit "u". If at the top it mentions something about having no marines currently in training (or something to that effect), then you can train marines there. Your best bet is to simply use the stations you've been using previously to train your marines.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 01:54

Nothing is working.

ex: I'm at Ceos Sprite Military base,
I have a 5* on the base to collect
I have some 2* on board I want to send back for more training.

PROBLEM
I can not collect my 5* from the base
I can not send my 2*s there for more training

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 15:21

Which ship are you flying and does it have cargo life support installed and enough free space for an additional marines (8 or 10 units)?

Also, I assume you've doubled checked your freight bay to make sure the marines are actually onboard and you didn't lose them or put them elsewhere?

Have you trained other marines at that base? It's certainly inconsistent about which pirate bases/equipment docks/shipyards can train marines but I don't know if military outposts are the same.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 17:14

When it comes to storing marines in TC, what I do is load an Aran with a bunch of TP class ships, fully loaded you can carry about 320 in one ship- I always keep my maxed marines there while I train up my new guys. Agamemnons make very tempting targets :lol:

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 01:10

NeverSnake wrote:Which ship are you flying and does it have cargo life support installed and enough free space for an additional marines (8 or 10 units)?

Also, I assume you've doubled checked your freight bay to make sure the marines are actually onboard and you didn't lose them or put them elsewhere?

Have you trained other marines at that base? It's certainly inconsistent about which pirate bases/equipment docks/shipyards can train marines but I don't know if military outposts are the same.
I'm flying a skate prototype but I am sending TP's to drop off and pickup.
Everything worked utill I installed the 3.2 update. and Yes I checked.
have TP with CBLS and 2 of 10 marines on board, 1 ready on base and about 20 in progress of training on the base.
"If I were a GOD, I would be laughing myself silly at man's stupidity and ignorance"

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 01:58

does the ship have enough room to store the marine? theyre like 6 cargo units.

and try it with a non TP ship.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 03:34

YES,

can store 10 have 2,

Hey guys, I got over 200 marines, 1.5 Billion credits
over 700 ships. I think I'm sure I have the room one damn marine.

All of sudden it just don't work after 3.2 upgrade.

need real help please.
"If I were a GOD, I would be laughing myself silly at man's stupidity and ignorance"

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 06:09

youd be surprised how many of these "need help" threads are as simple as not enough cargo room.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 06:21

Can you upload your savegame (documents/egosoft/x3tc) to somewhere we can see it?
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 15:59

I've been using 10 ships a mix of Toucans, Hermes, and Iguana's since I started training marines.
I've trained and picked up hundreds of marines with them.

Now it just does not work anymore after the 3.2 update.

stimpy61
x3tc

Post by stimpy61 » Thu, 2. Feb 12, 21:10

ok.
If I dont have room, how come I cant send the 2 marines on my ship over for more training?

Yes I got room for 8 more marines, got life support, got 2 marines on board ship, got 1 5* on base, got Toucans and Iguanas and Hermes been shuttling around marines since the game start. I just cant do it anymore with any of my 10 ships equipped with life support.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”