CLS unload to TL questions -- hub related

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

quintupularity
x4

CLS unload to TL questions -- hub related

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 08:06

I'm trying to stockpile microchips for the HUB plot. At least two parts of the process aren't working. I've been researching this for the last few days but I can't find out what's going wrong here. Here is the basic outline.

-A mammoth is parked in space nearby the Xenon Hub, with transporter installed.

-I've got logistician pilots in mistrals, one each at my four microchip plexes which are scattered around the galaxy. They also have transporters.

The biggest problem here is that yy CLS pilots keep loading microchips into their cargo bays, past the amount I set and never leave to drop it off at the mammoth.

Also strange, if I manually unload the chips then restart the trader, if the ship doesn't have enough energy to jump, he'll fly all the way back to waypoint 1. Don't trained pilots automatically refill energy based on whatever jump range you set?

What are the correct settings to have them do these things:

1) Keep enough ecells aboard to jump to the mammoth and back.

2) More importantly, which settings will cause them to load microchips at the plex, then jump to the mammoth and unload same?

Puzzled,
Q

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 08:36

waypoint 1 (your station)
Refuel jump energy
Waypoint 2 (your station)
Load microchips max cargo
Waypoint 3 (your mammoth)
Unload microchips max cargo

In the jump drive setting in the CLS command screen set jump energy to 400 or whatever amount is needed to get there and back.
And set him to use jump drive.
In supply conditions set both to 0%.

Start the Script with the trader undocked from the station with no energy or chips onboard.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 09:33

Not sure which page,but my tutorial story has a few examples of loading/unloading from TLs for the Hub plot.

:oops: One day I will index that better.It just seems like a lot of extra work atm.
If anyone wishes to do it for me,please feel free.

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 09:38

Something isn't working. Here's what's happening now.

I set everything as you recommended. The TS loaded 500 ecells, only 228 microchips, and decided to fly from Home of Light to the Hub.

Shouldn't he be waiting until the "max cargo" setting is fulfilled?

Why isn't he jumping? He's got a jumpdrive, ecells, logistician VI, and is set to use it both within the main command console and within the external commodity console.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 09:54

How many it takes on will depend on how you configure the "supply conditions" in CLS control panel.

Default minimum load value is 5% of the total order, so assuming your "max cargo" order was listed in the waypoint as 4,000 units, then as long as the ship can load at least 200 chips (5% of 4k), it will do so and make the delivery.

You can change this and a few other conditions manually if you want.

Not using the jumpdrive is more puzzling, given the circumstances you decsribe.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 09:55

he will just go with whatever amount is there with the settings i gave you.
He should jump as long as you have set him to use jump drive on the CLS menu (not the regular command menu).

Other than that i really dunno what else to suggest, all my CAG's and CLS pilots jump when set to use jump drive.

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:08

Vimrazz,

Okay, the supply conditions part makes sense. If I set supply conditions to anything greater than 0%, the pilot should wait until at least that much of "max cargo" is loaded before taking off. I presume that, assuming I can ever get this to work, a supply condition of 0% at the drop off point will completely empty the cargo of microchips. Then if I set it to 10% at the unload point, will it leave 10% in its hold? I'm not going to do this, I'm just trying to understand.

pr0nflakes,

WRT the jumpdrive.. I notice that although the pilots are all logistian rank, none of them can become universe traders. Does this mean they can't use jumpdrives without my direct input? Do the roman numerals after the rank come into play here? Maybe they need something higher than Logistician IV, V, or VI?

Also, TTD. I've been reading your tutorial during the down hours at work. (I'm a taxi driver, and this is the slooow season. I made it through several pages between runs. :D ) I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:20

Thankyou.

I was a taxi driver for 22 years.
So I know it's quiet at the moment.
Not great pay,but it's a job.

Any explanations of my story needed and you can PM me or add a post at end of story if you wish.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:22

A drop-off of zero will make the run even if the delivery location can only fit one more chip in it's storage space -- this can be useful when delivering directly to the Hub, because you don't want a delivery ship to wait until the last one's cargo has been absorbed before it decides to take off.

The default drop off value of 5% will make the run as long as the destination can hold at least 200 more chips (again using the 5% of 4k example)

A drop-off value of 10% will make the ship wait until the destination can hold at least 400 more chips (10% of 4k) before it starts off to make the delivery.

In regards to the pilot -- CAG/CLS pilots are not interchangeable with ST/UT pilots. They're two completely different skill trees. I'm not sure, but I think that trying to start one up as the other might even wipe out all the previous skill training.

Logistician is the max rank title for CLS pilots. He/she should be able to use the jumpdrive just fine.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:23

Ok i see whats happened here.

Highest rank for CLS is Logistician.
They need to be Cargo messenger or above to use jump drive.
Your guys must be too low.

Heres a bit of a jump start for them (mild spoiler)
Spoiler
Show
If you start the script on the trading station in herrons nebular you get a chance of starting with a trained pilot. And if you just keep firing them till you get a cargo messenger you will be set. Just remember to undock and redock each time or you cant fire them.

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:35

Hrm. I've got a fleet of kestrels and other found fast ships acting as CLS trainers. All of the Mistrals in question are using pilots trained in the racetrack to Logistician rank. Isn't this right? Am I wasting these Logisticians on this task? I'm not sure I follow your explanation.

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:38

How are you training them as in what task are they doing?
The only interchangable skills are CAG and CLS.

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:50

External Commodity Logistics. Four waypoints in a safe loop, each with a station where the ship lands.

If CAG and CLS are interchangeable, then I think we all agree they should be using their jumpdrives in the microchip CLS scenario.

I wasn't clear on whether or not CLS pilot training carried over to UTs. Thanks for clearing that up! But they don't, so the fact that my mistrals can't become UTs doesn't really matter. As CLS pilots, they should use it, but aren't.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 10:59

Who is paying them? Does the account have more than 30k in it?
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 11:29

Default payee. The plexes have a million as the threshold, and usually have about that floating around in the account. As for myself, I have a at least a few million at any given time.

EspritFort
x4

Post by EspritFort » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 11:39

What's the jump range you set in their command panels?

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 12:40

In the main control console:

Autojump: yes
Minimum range: 2
Fuel resupply: 50

In the External Commodity Logistics console:
Use Jumpdrive: yes
Jump Drive Energy: 500
Minimum Jump Range: 2

Addendum:

I tried something slightly different with more or less the same result. Using a Mistral Super Freighter (logistician AND long time UT), I set up 5 waypoints. One for each microchip plex and ending up at the Mammoth.

The MSF manages the first waypoint just fine; he refuels his energy cells and picks up the microchips. Then things go off the wire. Instead of going to waypoint 2, his destination indicated he is going to for waypoint 4. And he wont jump either.

kylania
x4

Post by kylania » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 14:52

Change to:

Autojump: yes
Minimum range: 1
Fuel resupply: 0

In the External Commodity Logistics console:
Use Jumpdrive: yes
Jump Drive Energy: 500
Minimum Jump Range: 1

quintupularity
x4

Post by quintupularity » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 15:01

I'm trying that now. But I realized something in the meantime.

I dont know how I missed this, but it turns out the CLS are NOT refueling. Does it matter if the chip plexes don't have their own energy supply? They import it from NPC traders or an owned cag.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 15:19

As long as there's spare e-cells to load it shouldn't matter.
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”