X-btf

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

WizzWargasm

X-btf

Post by WizzWargasm » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 22:35

Hello!
I'm a new player and I've stared out with X-BTF. I have it on steam. I was playing around, trying to change some controlls, and I clicked the S.E.T.A and the gamewanted me to press a button I want to use for it. Then nothing I pressed worked and there was no way to exit the window, so I pressed the left arrow button. Now everytime I try to turn left A voice tells me that S.E.T.A is not installed on my ship. How do I reset the controlls? I've deleted and reinstaled the game but the controlls got saved.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 22:38

You start out in X-BTF without a SETA installed on your ship.

It's the first thing I'd recomend you buy, once you've traded enough e-cells (or whatever's handy) to pay for it.

Edit: oops, I completely misread the question -- sorry about that. :oops:
Last edited by Vim Razz on Wed, 1. Feb 12, 01:40, edited 1 time in total.

J-M v2.5.5
x3tc

Re: X-btf

Post by J-M v2.5.5 » Tue, 31. Jan 12, 22:48

WizzWargasm wrote:Hello!
I'm a new player and I've stared out with X-BTF. I have it on steam. I was playing around, trying to change some controlls, and I clicked the S.E.T.A and the gamewanted me to press a button I want to use for it. Then nothing I pressed worked and there was no way to exit the window, so I pressed the left arrow button. Now everytime I try to turn left A voice tells me that S.E.T.A is not installed on my ship. How do I reset the controlls? I've deleted and reinstaled the game but the controlls got saved.
I had the same problem with a not-so-smart keybind. You need to delete all X:BtF entries from the registry. Hang on and I'll find them for you and update this thread in a few.

OK, try this:
  • Uninstall X:BtF and close Steam
  • Start, Run, regedit and then go to:
    \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EgoSoftware\X
  • Delete all entries in this folder (careful not to delete other things)
  • Reinstall X:BtF
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.
We need you to take a look around in Ocracoke's Storm.

WizzWargasm

Post by WizzWargasm » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 00:06

That worked! Thank you so much! This game looks awesome but this bit really bothers me. If you can't change the controlls why would they make that menu? It's like a death trap! Thanks.

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 1. Feb 12, 00:54

It worked fine on release, but do remember that was well over ten years ago. I think I was using Windows Me at the time. Oh how things have changed!
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”