tractor beam

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Smart_Bomb
x4

tractor beam

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 03:59

Can I use a tractor beam on a Silicon Mine L that I own?

if so, funny that you can but cannot on regular astriods. :wink:
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 04:03

would kinda defeat the purpose of the thing if you couldnt....
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 04:43

Still works for ships and such it just strange to me that it wont work on an asteriod but will work on a Mine.

Another great use for the tractor beam for the m6s I think would allow it to greatly slow the speed of ships smaller or same size than you that have less then 10% shields for the purpose of boarding ships since m6s like to run away from your space flying marines :)

[ external image ]

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 07:46

Smart_Bomb wrote:Still works for ships and such it just strange to me that it wont work on an asteriod but will work on a Mine.
However, the only reason you would presumably have for moving an asteroid is so you can shift it into a better position and then build a mine on it, so it's not like the limitation causes any problems...

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 10:52

pjknibbs wrote:
Smart_Bomb wrote:Still works for ships and such it just strange to me that it wont work on an asteriod but will work on a Mine.
However, the only reason you would presumably have for moving an asteroid is so you can shift it into a better position and then build a mine on it, so it's not like the limitation causes any problems...
it be nice if u cld relocate them to other sectors

Lorric
x3tc

Post by Lorric » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 10:59

If the your-property-only limitation was removed, people could move asteroids very close to xenon sector gates. Fly through gate, go boom, much xenon sadness. Wipe out competing (or just random) NPC stations with a well placed 'roid to the docking bay? I'm sure imaginative players could find more creative uses.

Eternall_00
x3tc

Post by Eternall_00 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 12:05

Would be nice to be able to tractor some particularly annoying roids out of the way of space lanes.

But, I s'pose if they are that troublesome, I could always throw a cheap mine on the and then hide them from the prop menu after I move them.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 12:21

Eternall_00 wrote:Would be nice to be able to tractor some particularly annoying roids out of the way of space lanes.

But, I s'pose if they are that troublesome, I could always throw a cheap mine on the and then hide them from the prop menu after I move them.
or self-destruct the stupid ore mine and the rock is gone forever

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 14:03

I tried to tractor an unclaimed abandoned ship the other night.

Beam wouldn't lock. . . . now I'm sure that used to work. . . . :?
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 15:31

It worked in X3. It had to because you had to tractor a certain ship
all the way home for one of the missions.

I'd quite like to be able to tractor a bare 'roid. Not for building on, but as a
navigation hazard. I'd set up my HQ inside a field of them and only
have one route in and out.

Shame navigation hazrds don't work OOS.

EspritFort
x4

Post by EspritFort » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 15:48

pjknibbs wrote:
Maybe this is just me but I've always dreamed of building an asteroid fortress in Savage Spur.[/i]

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 20:51

so it is not possible to tractor beam a station or in my case a silicon mine to another sector?

[ external image ]

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 20:55

No. You can't move stations between sectors.
-- GD

FrankManic
x4

Post by FrankManic » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 11:15

You mean you've never thought about parking an asteroid in front of a gate? >:}>

Tormbo
x4

Post by Tormbo » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 11:17

Actually, more than one person never has thought about that :P
Arrr!

A pirate? Me? Nah...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”