[X3TC] - The Galaxy is Out of Stock for CIGs...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

[X3TC] - The Galaxy is Out of Stock for CIGs...

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 08:41

So, I'm trying to restock my own supply of CIGs. I'm getting ready to buy a few Heavy Osprey's for OOS defense of some stations, with a fighter contigent protecting them, and there isn't a CIG to be found in the Galaxy...

I have around 400 million, give or take, but could ramp that up a bit with some build/transport missions pretty quickly. However, I want a better solution than dumping cash into a CIG complex, right now. (Still working on the Hub plot.)

So, what should I do? Could I build a player owned Station and then hope that AI ships would feed me CIGs if I paid decent money from them? Or, is it best to chain a CAG pilot to run a route and go to every darn CIG plant and Equipment dock in the galaxy, buying up whatever CIGs are available?

Inventive, automated or relatively trouble-free suggestions are welcomed. Remote Best Buy with a bajillion jump range doesn't quite cut it, no matter where the start position. :D

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 08:46

I would just board military ships. If you save when they start hacking the core you can reload from there and get different loot every time. The best I've gotten was about 10 CIGs and a full bank of shields, but that's only ever happened twice, and the first time it didn't have CLS for whatever reason so my marines all died.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 08:51

If you have control of the hub you may be able to use it to buy them. Ive honestly never tried to buy anything other than stuff needed for the plot but it might work.

So add CIGs to the hub at avg + 1 then have a CLS pilot to unload it when/if any are sold to you. If nobody is selling, try upping the price. Hell even set it to max if you really need them.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 10:12

jkjklkl wrote:I would just board military ships. If you save when they start hacking the core you can reload from there and get different loot every time. The best I've gotten was about 10 CIGs and a full bank of shields, but that's only ever happened twice, and the first time it didn't have CLS for whatever reason so my marines all died.
I'm running a game where I don't board friendly vessels.. yet. :D I also am trying to keep my combat rank down as I haven't done OFF yet.
Sinxar wrote:If you have control of the hub you may be able to use it to buy them. Ive honestly never tried to buy anything other than stuff needed for the plot but it might work. ..
Great idea! I'll try that.

But, anyone have any advice on whether or not I should try to attract some vendors with a station or run some automated/scripted trade ships targeting CIGs?

David Howland
x3tc

Develop!

Post by David Howland » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 10:14

Congratulations on doing hub on such a small cash budget Morkonan!
Although CIGs were never awash, I never found the odd CIGs too difficult to find before I was rich enough to build a fleet. Once I had wealth and needed a flow of CIGs I built CIG production into a couple of my Complexes and found that this supplies all I need!
On the subject of boarding to gain your CIGS, I recommend strongly my Dukes Domain Marine Fight Training Centre which I think you are familiar with. When I take yet another Dukes Zeus I usually choose the 12 IBL package but another goodies package offered includers 6 CIGs. Should you need details of my Dukes Dom. Marine Fight Training Centre, please ask!
Good Luck!
Last edited by David Howland on Sat, 4. Feb 12, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 10:27

Yeah, I'd recommend producing all supplies you need yourself. The economy just isn't reliable enough, and selling the surplus production gives a nice cash.

Flozem
x3tc

Post by Flozem » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 17:17

Find an EQD in a Shipyard sector that carries them. Make sure they are in stock. Buy 10 fighters and fill the cargobay with CIGs and sell 1 back.

Rince and repeat... works for most hard-to-come-by weapons.

whiteraider
x3tc

Post by whiteraider » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 17:47

Flozem wrote:Find an EQD in a Shipyard sector that carries them. Make sure they are in stock. Buy 10 fighters and fill the cargobay with CIGs and sell 1 back.

One solution if you can find an EQ that sell the item

The other is a boarding op on a TL replacing the station..
Bring back the TS Pirate Ship, I miss my liberated fleet runing around the universe :twisted:
Maybe a fleet of liberated Pirate Ship Super Freighters :roll:

"Priests Dukes Compliments... Here is ship!"
"Teladi now show you how to fight... Ship all yours! Dont kill Teladi!"

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 20:43

Flozem wrote:Find an EQD in a Shipyard sector that carries them. Make sure they are in stock. Buy 10 fighters and fill the cargobay with CIGs and sell 1 back.

I am trying to get through the game without taking advantage of exploits, bugs, mods, etc... But, I might have to do what you suggest, anyway.

The problem is, I can't find any EQ docks that have them in stock, else I would have bought them all up already. :D So, I can't exploit that particular mechanic right now.. Hmm, there's a menu slot/trade exploit, though, that I could possibly use. Have to familiarize myself with it to be sure. I hate exploiting a vanilla-dedicated game, though.

I'll likely build a complex for this, but I hate doing it just for darn CIGs! I'll see if I can combine something with CIGs that is a bit more desirable in the long-term.

Sinxar
x4

Post by Sinxar » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 20:58

you could always just sell what you dont need. Or you could make it into a switchable production complex.

Ebonyfly
x3tc

Post by Ebonyfly » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 21:33

If you have a spare CAG/CLS pilot lazing about you could use the generate waypoints command for CIGs and leave your CLS to buy at an acceptable price as soon as any CIGs become available. Add CIGs to your Hub wares and a CAG could perform a similar function.

This won't magic CIGs out of thin air but it's a hassle-free way of building your stock over time. I sometimes use it to stock Firestorm Torpedos in advance of grinding Corporation Missions.

If you are in more of a hurry you could also use the generate waypoints command to set up some CLS ships to supply the NPC factories with resources.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:09

Ebonyfly wrote:If you have a spare CAG/CLS pilot lazing about you could use the generate waypoints command for CIGs and leave your CLS to buy at an acceptable price as soon as any CIGs become available. Add CIGs to your Hub wares and a CAG could perform a similar function.

This won't magic CIGs out of thin air but it's a hassle-free way of building your stock over time. I sometimes use it to stock Firestorm Torpedos in advance of grinding Corporation Missions.

If you are in more of a hurry you could also use the generate waypoints command to set up some CLS ships to supply the NPC factories with resources.
Interesting. Will they automagically generate waypoints for suppliers of a specific item? I know I could set up waypoints manually, but I'll have to look at the documentation a bit more to figure out how to do that automatically. (If at all.)

I'll likely use a combination of all methods in this thread. :D (Except the exploits.)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”