X3AP : Paranid invasion?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GeneralOrange

X3AP : Paranid invasion?

Post by GeneralOrange » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 11:28

I'm in a vanilla game of AP tooling around Argon Prime (Argon Peacekeeper start) in my trusty M3 - Just flew into Home of Light and there is a HUUUUUUGGGGE fleet of Paranid military ships kicking the carp out of everyone and everything! Stations, haulers, little old ladies, everybody!! Turned tail and showed them my yellow belly as i fled jibbering back into Argon Prime and there was Argon One and a load of Argon military just odding about having a picnic - WTH? Is this a plot thing or has something broke? :?

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 11:33

Argon One never leaves Argon Prime. However it is interesting that no RRF was triggered.

I've seen fair sized Paranid invasion forces before; one or two capital ships and support. Never anything that big though.

And oddly most of the time they tend to just meander through the sector then leave without doing anything. I've even seen one invade CBSE and land at the shipyard lol.

Breet
x4

Post by Breet » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 11:42

Seen something like this in two sectors.
Elena's fortune almost got wiped out by paranid (MO 34% hp @_@, few of my marines were in there at the time) and Paranid Prime (got cleaned out by argon military twice).

Was fun to watch, and to set haulers to collect warez in sectors =]

GeneralOrange

Post by GeneralOrange » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 11:44

There must be upwards of 40 Paranid ships in there, last I looked they'd killed 2 stations and were reducing all the Argon traders to glowing embers - they didn't look like stopping soon either! Ah well, 'Shift+C', '4', '1', Home of Light as they say, Profittssss!

Tormbo
x4

Post by Tormbo » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 12:00

I've seen it happen as well. Both in TC and AP.

Great if you're just starting out and there's loot to be grabbed from all corners of the sector.

This however does require some form of opposition :)

No matter what, they will leave eventually and the stations will be respawned by GOD.
Arrr!

A pirate? Me? Nah...

natha
x4

Post by natha » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 12:09

I noticed the same thing in my game, in Argon Prime. Its an Odysseus plus Deimos with 5 M8s beating everything. They have killed Argon One, 2-3 times already, along with all the south factories while the shipyard is at half hull but they didn't kill it. Why there's no RFF? This seems not right, beating their home sector and their M2s "cruising" around, from The Wall to Elena's Fortune drinking space fuel :(
I'm thinking to end their "conflict", no matter who started it, but i don't want the rep hit right now with the paranid. Board them is not an option as both capitals are at 60% hull. Seems Argon One did fire some volleys after all.

Baracus

Post by Baracus » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 20:44

You should be able to issue threats or requests to stand down based on rep or combat rank. I mean, if Im known to level sectors with my fleet of destroyers and I want the argons & paranid to stop bickering, I think they should be inclined to listen.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 21:13

Baracus wrote:You should be able to issue threats or requests to stand down based on rep or combat rank. I mean, if Im known to level sectors with my fleet of destroyers and I want the argons & paranid to stop bickering, I think they should be inclined to listen.
or combine their fleets and wipe out the sector-leveling-criminal who has no military affiliation :P

Baracus

Post by Baracus » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 21:34

Jumee wrote:
Baracus wrote:You should be able to issue threats or requests to stand down based on rep or combat rank. I mean, if Im known to level sectors with my fleet of destroyers and I want the argons & paranid to stop bickering, I think they should be inclined to listen.
or combine their fleets and wipe out the sector-leveling-criminal who has no military affiliation :P
That would bring a tear to my eye.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 21:48

Baracus wrote:
Jumee wrote:
That would bring a tear to my eye.
yeah their to dumb for that arent they? most they can and will do is tell you that you have flying skills of an asteroid :D

Burnview
xr

Post by Burnview » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 06:03

Watched the Paranid and Argon's Duke it out in Elena's Fortune which is still going on (going on 2 hours now).
Want to help out, but I'm not due to the fact that I'm only there for the money!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”