Getting the max price on Nvidium?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Uncle Ruckus 42

Getting the max price on Nvidium?

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 22:35

Is it possible to get max price on Nvidium? Granted I'm playing XRM with about 20 other household name scripts, but the mechanics of mobile mining seem the same as in vanilla. I'd actually never tried it before but when starting a new game as Paranid Prospector (prob not a vanilla start) I was handed a ship fully equipped for mobile mining and gave it a shot. It kinda stinks the AI won't crack a roid for you but then I guess it gave me something to do and forced me to do a strange thing and that was to get good at piloting a Demeter Miner. I made a game of seeing how fast i could go and strafe and barrel roll that cow to collect roids while carefully ramming small or medium roids just often enough my shield wouldn't break. Its actually kinda fun. It seems that the only way to sell Nvidium is to put it on a cargo ship and sell it, but doing so I'm pretty sure only nets you the 8,000 or so per unit which is lowest price. Any way to get avg or max? Am I correct that the only other way to sell it is at PTNI or somewhere in Teladi space? I'd check myself but the gamestart has me started as on slightly unfreindly terms with the Teladi and I can't access core sectors yet.
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

Jumee
x3tc

Re: Getting the max price on Nvidium?

Post by Jumee » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 22:53

Uncle Ruckus 42 wrote:Is it possible to get max price on Nvidium? Granted I'm playing XRM with about 20 other household name scripts, but the mechanics of mobile mining seem the same as in vanilla. I'd actually never tried it before but when starting a new game as Paranid Prospector (prob not a vanilla start) I was handed a ship fully equipped for mobile mining and gave it a shot. It kinda stinks the AI won't crack a roid for you but then I guess it gave me something to do and forced me to do a strange thing and that was to get good at piloting a Demeter Miner. I made a game of seeing how fast i could go and strafe and barrel roll that cow to collect roids while carefully ramming small or medium roids just often enough my shield wouldn't break. Its actually kinda fun. It seems that the only way to sell Nvidium is to put it on a cargo ship and sell it, but doing so I'm pretty sure only nets you the 8,000 or so per unit which is lowest price. Any way to get avg or max? Am I correct that the only other way to sell it is at PTNI or somewhere in Teladi space? I'd check myself but the gamestart has me started as on slightly unfreindly terms with the Teladi and I can't access core sectors yet.
I dont remember if XRM adds any extra use to nividium if it doesnt than just forget about trying to sell if for a good price as the few places that buy will only take 8 (I think) units of it

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 3. Feb 12, 23:11

Ship delivery missions is where you get a higher price (average instead of min I think). Look for missions asking to deliver a ship that can carry XL cargo and promising to pay ship value + xxx.

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 00:19

Ahh there we go, thanks kurush. I feel like I should have thought of that, but I'll try that as soon as I get the opportunity and see if the added value to the ship works out to the average price. I'm not complaining though, even at minimum price Nvidium per unit given its size is quite worth it.

Edit: kurush are those statistics real? Have you seriously spent that much time and done all that on vailla? Kudos to you, I can't imagine doing all that. I should apparently check peoples profiles more often.
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 00:46

What about Barter (once you can access a sector that trades Nividium)? AFAIK, items wanted in barter tend to be those that some station in the sector has shortage of. Bartering can give top dollar, or better.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”