[REQ] Time missions and no damaged equipment

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

[REQ] Time missions and no damaged equipment

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 18:51

Hi,

If a scripter has time to waste (who knows...), it'd be great to have a script that removes time limit for any missions (for TC especially).
Also, and I'm not sure if it's possible because I think it's hardcoded, would it be possible to remove the "equipment damage factor" ; I mean the fact that you can loose a random equipment when the hull is damaged. Repairing ship is already expensive enough.

Thanks

Jack08
x3tc

Re: [REQ] Time missions and no damaged equipment

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 22:42

Joubarbe wrote:Hi,

If a scripter has time to waste (who knows...), it'd be great to have a script that removes time limit for any missions (for TC especially).
Also, and I'm not sure if it's possible because I think it's hardcoded, would it be possible to remove the "equipment damage factor" ; I mean the fact that you can loose a random equipment when the hull is damaged. Repairing ship is already expensive enough.

Thanks
X-Timelines will have a compleatly new mission system witch is less irritating in regards to time limits, as well as no equipment damage when it is released(sure its "Realistic" but thers nothing fun about all your guns every time your shields go down, lol), keep your eye out ;)
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 22:54

If only that could be applied to X2, which would destroy equipment even with shields still up :( Made the game unplayable, but I'd be back in there in a flash if that 'feature' could be eliminated.
Last edited by Shimrod on Sat, 4. Feb 12, 22:55, edited 1 time in total.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 22:54

Shimrod wrote:If only that could be applied to X2, which would destroy equipment even with shields still up :(
i could probably do that for you if like - if i could find my game disks... wait you still play X2?
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 22:58

When I got the superbox I yearned for my Osprey again :)

(Re)discovering the equipment loss, this post marks the moment at which I rage-quit X2:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 17#3545217

If it were not for equipment loss I'd still be playing it, imo X2 was the finest hour, although they did ugly-fy many of my favourite ships in X2 (X-BTF Xenon L / Argon Elite were pleasing). Loved that U-shape teladi M1/M2 too, had a homeworld Bentusi trader quality to it.

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:07

Shimrod wrote:When I got the superbox I yearned for my Osprey again :)

(Re)discovering the equipment loss, this post marks the moment at which I rage-quit X2:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 17#3545217

If it were not for equipment loss I'd still be playing it, imo X2 was the finest hour, although they did ugly-fy many of my favourite ships in X2 (X-BTF Xenon L / Argon Elite were pleasing). Loved that U-shape teladi M1/M2 too.
I tried to make it happen, but none of my tools can read the x2 KC code, and i cant find one that will, sorry (well one did but it didnt work very well, 23,196 errors, 9,632 warnings..... errrrm...)
[ external image ]
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:13

No worries. Reckon I could work around it by adding hotkeys to memorize and restore ship equipment, something like that.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:19

Again the solution is : wait for X-Timelines :)
It's definitely gonna be a great mod.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”