Are M8s going to get buffed for 2.0AP???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nagittchi
x4

Are M8s going to get buffed for 2.0AP???

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:38

Or the other way around: Will the Auster Hauler get NERFED in 2.0?

If you're shopping around for a M8, there is no reason at all that you should get any other M8. The Auster Hauler has the shields and the hull of light corvette. The other M8s? None of them have even reach 200MJ of shielding. The laser generator is large enough to keep a HEPT constantly firing.

I went and tested out a Kyoto and four docked Auster Haulers at Xenon Sector 101. None of the M8s died whereas if it were any other M8, they would have all been torn apart. They were strong enough to keep swarms of M5s and M4s at bay with the PRG I equipped with them. M3s were tough to handle, but that didnt matter because of their massive shielding.

I have a feeling Egosoft screwed up somewhere with the Auster, or just forgot to buff the other M8s.

Also I found out 4 M8s is inefficient. Because of the revised missile launching, they only shoot enough missiles to kill a capital ship (assuming all hit), but only 1 shoots the missiles.

I guess I should go with a 2 M8/4 M6 loadout for my Kyoto...

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:48

I know one reason why Auster Hauler might not be top of your to-buy list...
There's a war going on...

So currently I'm looking at 2 Claymores, a Hyabusa and 3 Scabbards in the Kyoto... :pirat:
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:54

Ripskar wrote:I know one reason why Auster Hauler might not be top of your to-buy list...
There's a war going on...

So currently I'm looking at 2 Claymores, a Hyabusa and 3 Scabbards in the Kyoto... :pirat:
I used to put TSs in the Kyoto, then I found out having a Hayabusa/Drake CLS supply jump ship is better... unless CLS isn't available in Terran territory either.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:57

CLS is Argon software.

So no.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 23:59

Well sucks for you Terrans. :P
The people who make the most profitssss are the ones who sell to both sides of the war. 8)

Im thinking about supplying my Kyoto with a Wraith Missile stocked Vidars or Hyperion Vanguards instead of going all out M8s...

Im surprised that the ATF dont even have a heavily shielded M8. ATF/Terran seem to heavily shield everything past M6s.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 00:07

CLS is available from the Paranid, but jump fuel isn't what it's being used for...
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”