Setting up a complex for Incendiary Bomb Launcher forges?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

Setting up a complex for Incendiary Bomb Launcher forges?

Post by sadron » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 06:54

Can anyone tell me what I would need to set up a self sustaining incendiary bomb launcher supply complex? I know I can't buy them anywhere so a complex for the two in Weaver's Tempest would be great, if anyone could tell me a setup.

Nagittchi
x4

Post by Nagittchi » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 07:05

1x Wheat Farm L
1x Ore Mine L
1x SPP L
1x Protein Paste L
1x BioGas M
1x USC Food L
1x BoFu M
2x Silicon Mine L
1x Crystal Fab L (Terran)
1x Crystal Fab M (Boron)

I have a CAG assigned to the complex to sell the products and energy cells. I have a Sector Trader taking care of the Space Fuel.

You can add your own Space Fuel L distillery if you dont care for using the Yaki distilleries.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 07:13

You don't need Wheat farm or fuel distillery L. M should be enough to feed 2.5 forges. http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc. ... gon,L,1,10

David Howland
x3tc

Try Boarding!

Post by David Howland » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 10:17

I am playing TC but I have had two Huge complexes in WT I built a year ago in the hope of supplying these two IBL forges but have been unable to improve rep enough to allow my ships to supply without being attacked!
However in the meantime I have set up my Dukes Domain Marine Fight Training Centre. Every time I board one of the Dukes Zeus I get 12 IBLs, this is a lot better than waiting forever for the Yaki to produce them and I am fight training my marines. This of course is no use to any player who is a pirate luver but if anyone is interested in details of setting up the Dukes Domain Marine Fight Training Centre, please ask and I shall lay them out!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 10:40

Heh... I actually just got finished doing the exact same thing.
This is what I used. You can check it by adding 2 Pirate IBL forges at the bottom. Since there aren't actually any 25 yield silicon roids in the sector, you can use any number of mines that add up to a total yield of 50 or more. I personally used a 24 and a 26.
Nagittchi wrote: I have a CAG assigned to the complex to sell the products and energy cells. I have a Sector Trader taking care of the Space Fuel.

You can add your own Space Fuel L distillery if you dont care for using the Yaki distilleries.
Wouldn't the STs revert to "none" shortly after? IBLs have such a long cyle time that it won't take long for it to be maxed out on booze, so in theory you'd have to reassign the "sector trade" command every couple hours. I didn't even think about using an ST when I initially set mine up though. I had thought about using CLS to ferry the booze, but I was lazy so I built my own and set the CAG to trade only with the IBL forges.

werewolves?
x4

Post by werewolves? » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 11:18

I have a small self sufficient ore/weed/fuel with a 1 jump CAG set to keep the forges topped up, another CAG buys the excess weed/fuel for a trading dock in Aladna Hill to sell for the plebs.

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 17:04

jkjklkl wrote:Heh... I actually just got finished doing the exact same thing.
This is what I used. You can check it by adding 2 Pirate IBL forges at the bottom. Since there aren't actually any 25 yield silicon roids in the sector, you can use any number of mines that add up to a total yield of 50 or more. I personally used a 24 and a 26.

Wouldn't the STs revert to "none" shortly after? IBLs have such a long cyle time that it won't take long for it to be maxed out on booze, so in theory you'd have to reassign the "sector trade" command every couple hours. I didn't even think about using an ST when I initially set mine up though. I had thought about using CLS to ferry the booze, but I was lazy so I built my own and set the CAG to trade only with the IBL forges.
So that link is self sufficient?

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 17:50

No it requires a little over 7000 e-cells per hour.
You also need to acquire your own IBL forge for that.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

JeffreyW75
x4

Post by JeffreyW75 » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 19:00

Not quite the same approach as supplying the IBL's, but the ones in my X3AP game seem well supplied with just ST's and UT's flying around. I also have several equipment docks set up (with CAG's) where the IBL's stockpile (only in amounts of 4 though, but I don't really use them that much). So if you don't need that many, you might be able to use another method to keep them running?
Jeff

jkjklkl
x3ap

Post by jkjklkl » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 21:31

sadron wrote: So that link is self sufficient?
Yes it is. Just fire and forget. I was afraid of losing resources to the other NPC stations I've built, so I told my CAG to only trade with the IBL forges, with 2 CLS pilots to buy em up at lowest price.
Ripskar wrote:No it requires a little over 7000 e-cells per hour.
I believe you're referring to the other link. Or did I do something wrong when I made my complex? :(

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 21:37

jkjklkl wrote:
sadron wrote: So that link is self sufficient?
Ripskar wrote:No it requires a little over 7000 e-cells per hour.
I believe you're referring to the other link. Or did I do something wrong when I made my complex? :(
Ah, missed the second link. I was referring to Kurush's link.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”