Asteroid Belt Blockade

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xander Cade
x3tc

Asteroid Belt Blockade

Post by Xander Cade » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:19

It seems that the ATF are sick of me. Currently camping the jumpgate in Asteroid Belt are:

Kyoto
Skirnir
Skirnir
Skirnir
Claymore
Claymore
Assorted fighters and M6s.

If I am lucky enough to kill a Skirnir a RRF Claymore jumps in. Flying a Boreas I have not lasted for longer than 90 seconds and the only reason I did was because of the bug that cancels ships' orders when they take damage resulting in the Skirnirs not shooting at me. What makes this worse is that the M7Ms and M8s have gone spam happy again, firing off dozens of missiles as soon as they see me. As soon as I enter the secotr Betty is saying "Mis... mis... mis... mis...mis... mis... mis..." and doesn't finish the sentence until I am dead. I can't even get within firing range of the Kyoto and it's only 11km from the gate...

Any ideas? I tried to break it with my Cobra but only had time to get off two barrages before exploding.
"What he doesn't understand is that the Welsh are a subject people, put on Earth to do menial tasks for the English." - John Cleese

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:26

Get in your kestral, run like you're leaving the front door of hell and drag them away from the gate.

May take more than one try since you're not going to get any closer to them than you have to. Just try and drag a few at a time then jump back to heretics end.

Best of luck, that's a tricky one.

kardgar
x3tc

Post by kardgar » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:32

I'd say get in the Kestral and fly away from the gate much like advised above, followed by jumping the Cobra in, and firing off all of your hammers and jump it out. Then bring in a destroyer and mop them up.

A good 250 hammers is enough to trash most of that. I used a Spitfyre a jump beacon, my cobra and my aquilo, with 500 hammers in the air my frames stunk, but nothing was left when the dust settled.

Pruvmerong
x4

Post by Pruvmerong » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:34

Load 50-100 drones on your Cobra. Also, buy an afterburner. Also, slap some FAA's on your rear turrets and set to missile defense or missiles only (and don't forget mosquito missile defense). Jump in, launch the drones, then hit the afterburner and try to get away from them (don't forget to strafe). After you're 20~km away, barrage them to pieces.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:47

Yeah or that. Always forget about dem drones. You could pack a half dozen laser towers as well if you really wanted to leave behind a disposable gift.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:51

use tons and tons of m5 that go atleast 450+
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 04:51

Get something paranid that can mount PSGs. Shouldn't have any problems with missiles after that.
I fly Terran for the accents

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 10:35

Sounds like the USC rather than ATF.
Flying between the the 2 groups to cause a friendly fire incident should solve your problem.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 10:42

ive got similar issues, but i have 2 of them to worry about, Neptune and Asteroid Belt!!!

Neptune:

1x Tyr
1x Osaka
2x Aegir
3x Yokohama
3x Skirnir
2x Claymore
12x Vali

i have tried the Kestrel trick and never got out, the way the ships are sitting close to the south gate there is nowhere to go!

Asteroid Belt:

1x Kyoto
2x Tyr
2x Yokohama
3x Skirnir
2x Claymore

again very similar the Skirnir are the Issue, both Yokohama are sitting very close to the gate, as is 1 of the Tyrs, and the SSC's coming off of them can shred a kestrel too quickly (can barely get upto speed before they hitting me) and if i take anything heavy in the Skirnirs Nuke them befre they can even deal with a Single Yokohama!!

then to top it off they have the cheak to send in RRF against me if i jump in!! but i just about have a small surprise prepared for them, i constructed 15x MkII FD complex and i have around 2500 of them sitting onboard an Elephant at the moment, i intend on buying a "disposable" Teladi Tern to drop in 3k of them and take out the Skirnir, i can handle the rest in my Boreas or my Tiger, i just need to get them in!!!

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 10:46

It sounds like a traffic jam issue, usually the ATF cause this when one of their multiple cap-ship fleets tries to pass through a gate.
Give it 5 or 10 minutes.
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 11:46

if they are right at the gate enter the sector in a TS filled with a few hundred LT's drop them leave the sector wait a bit then you can do whatever you want in it :P

ConCorDian
x4

Post by ConCorDian » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 12:02

Ripskar wrote:It sounds like a traffic jam issue, usually the ATF cause this when one of their multiple cap-ship fleets tries to pass through a gate.
Give it 5 or 10 minutes.
well the fleet in neptune has been blocked up for about a week now if thats the case. when i first Attacked neptune the fleet was divided into two and sitting at either TOA but now they seem to be just sitting at the south gate.

the asteroid belt fleet has only been there a few days. the 2 Yokohama were part of a fleet that the argon kicked out of heretics end, but havnt moved since, the argon have the HE north gate blockaded with a nice big fleet too and havnt really moved since, but the argon keep sending fighter wings threw to AB which is why i think the Terrans are staying put

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”