M182 complex

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ShoC
x4

M182 complex

Post by ShoC » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 20:10

So any idea what to add on my complex. Got 43mil for the construct... Its hoping to be in argon m182.

I was thinking to build using the 40 yield silicone and buying ore in
I'm wondering should I go 3x 1mj for some £££ a mosquito station and a Wasp one.
As I like those missile
Not sure if I'm missing something maybe hept..

IM looking to make money but also produce stuff ill use. Maybe replace hept with mk2 drones and sell them on a freighter
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:
because you cant terraform a rock.

Nazardo
x3tc

Post by Nazardo » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 20:57

Sector name is M148. You also forgot to tell us which game you are playing, here I'm assuming TC/AP. :wink:
I was thinking to build using the 40 yield silicone and buying ore in
A 40 yield roid is not much. I presume you are planning to buy energy from the local Solar Power Plant XL as crystal fabs+solar plant+food factories are too much overhead.
M148 is not a sector for serious closed loop complexes. In my games I only build an Ore Mine on the bigger roid (yield 25) to make the place more Sector Traders-friendly.

Back on-topic: 1MJ shield are good earners if you haven't already built a complex of them. I've got a 5x complex in Argon Prime and it's always sold out (by NPC traders).

Mosquitos, on the contrary, do not sell well or, better, there's no real profit in selling them. They are cheap and every EQD is already full of them.
Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our means, but by what we seek to accomplish.
Screenshots

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 21:04

It has enough ore and silicon asteroids to comfortably support 7 fabs in a closed loop, and maybe a few more if you import ore.

Not huge, but still useful.

Nazardo
x3tc

Post by Nazardo » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 21:15

Mmm... this is a closed loop 5x1MJ Shield complex but...
The cost of this factory loop and required resources is equal to buying 6283.57 1 MJ Shields.
You can put HEPT, PAC or other fabs instead of those for more profitsss.

Since there an always full SPP in M148, this is my proposition (~45MCr). Forget about closed loop: this complex needs energy and some ore.
Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our means, but by what we seek to accomplish.
Screenshots

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 22:18

Nazardo wrote:
Back on-topic: 1MJ shield are good earners if you haven't already built a complex of them. I've got a 5x complex in Argon Prime and it's always sold out (by NPC traders).

Mosquitos, on the contrary, do not sell well or, better, there's no real profit in selling them. They are cheap and every EQD is already full of them.
It depends on how you sell them. If you are selling at average -1, them mosquitos have the best investment/profit ratio by far, and you can just sell unlimited amounts to an EQD or HQ with a manual trade run. 1MJ shields may work better for selling at higher prices to NPCs, but I'm doubtful.
I fly Terran for the accents

ShoC
x4

Post by ShoC » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 22:28

The thing is I intend to use the missiles, wasps are great against small ships and mosquitos against missile and just shoved the shields on just to make some money.

I worked it out so I had it self sustaining. when at home ill link it on here to show.

I think it worked out anyway... I was drunk when I worked it out and purchased it all.. Reverted back to an older save as I struggled to get that money and was going to build a huge drug complex.
Used the company station builder from bonus but the way it lays it down I don't like so need to streak me a tl

Lesson is don't play x3 drunk
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:
because you cant terraform a rock.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 22:52

Nazardo wrote:Mmm... this is a closed loop 5x1MJ Shield complex but...
That's not balanced, unfortunately. It only looks like it because a mine is entered wrong.

A closed loop in M148 looks more like this.

I used 1mj shield fabs for the example there, but you can put whatever you want in the 7 fab slots, either to use or to sell.

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Tue, 7. Feb 12, 23:10

And the mine that's entered wrong isn't needed for the complex, it looks like it was just a mis-click.

Don't be afraid to ship in resources from elsewhere; Interworlds has some reasonable 'roids (And isn't on a possible Xenon Incursion route) and the energy cell surplus from the M148 'plex means you can equip those freighters with jumpdrives and they'll use them to make the journey quickly and safely. Tears of Greed's a good one, too. I believe CLS1's the thing you'll want to tie two 'plexes together into a closed loop.

Lastly; the SPP in 148 felt the wrath of God in my universe, so unless you're using it, it's entirely possible for it to disappear.

Virtualaughing
x4

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 8. Feb 12, 04:47

I like to aid such sectors with food and minerals and perhaps 2-3 sector trader. Jump range is 3 then their production chain can give you decent income.

Keeping NPC factories alive = profitsssss :D
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”