X3:AB HUB plot not starting

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

anzovin

X3:AB HUB plot not starting

Post by anzovin » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 00:30

I understand the HUB plot is quite time consuming and would like to get it under way, although I think I match the requirements for it can't seem to get it to start. Any ideas?

I have met the following criteria:

Non-modified game, (Humble merchant start, 1st game in x3:AB if it matters)
Boron Rank 8 (King's Knight), other commonwealth races at 7-8 as well
Mogul trade rank, Master Chief combat rank
Plenty of credits, ships, factories, game time etc etc
I've been passing through and loitering in many Boron sectors for a while equipped w a triplex scanner and have advanced satellites in most sectors

Still I don't think I've yet been contacted by the mission NPC and the Advanced dolphin or whatever it is he is supposed to be piloting does not appear in my in game encyclopedia. I do currently have the Argon war plot active (on Trial by Fire where you have to return to argon M148, still very early on in the plot). I've kept good rep with most races throughout the game except for occasional mysterious rep drops across the board and the bit of nastiness with the Paranid in acquiring the Hyperion.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Catra

Post by Catra » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 00:31

hub plot is not yet available in AP
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

anzovin

Post by anzovin » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 00:40

Ahh thanks, been too busy with the details to notice that the TC plots aren't in AB. Same for the Goner plot I presume?

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 00:46

yes, none of the TC plots are in AP

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 01:37

And they never will be. AP takes place after all of TC, so putting those same plots in makes no sense. However, as pointed out above, the HUB, PHQ and UFJD will be obtainable through other means in a future patch.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

anzovin

Post by anzovin » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 19:48

And they never will be. AP takes place after all of TC, so putting those same plots in makes no sense. However, as pointed out above, the HUB, PHQ and UFJD will be obtainable through other means in a future patch.
It makes sense from an RP continuity standpoint but why completely leave out certain cool functionality out of newer iterations of the game, namely the player HQ, which is the reason I was interested in the HUB in the first place.

edit: Looks like there is talk of including the HQ, in addition to other things, in future patches.

skalapunk
x4

Post by skalapunk » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 20:56

anzovin wrote:
It makes sense from an RP continuity standpoint but why completely leave out certain cool functionality out of newer iterations of the game, namely the player HQ, which is the reason I was interested in the HUB in the first place.

edit: Looks like there is talk of including the HQ, in addition to other things, in future patches.
New player here...what is UFJD?

Sinthanor
x4

Post by Sinthanor » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 21:00

UFJD is the unfocused jumpdrive. A special drive where you jump in a random generated sector. Ofter there are some nividium roids or other stuff.

Greets

Danubian

Post by Danubian » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 21:03

Ouch please dont tell me that i have to have unmodified game for HUB plot (whatever it will be for AP when it comes) to unlock :(

I basically only installed one small mod which is supposed to improve MK3 traders thats all, it will suck hard if i cant progress just cuz of that.

skalapunk
x4

Post by skalapunk » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 21:06

Sinthanor wrote:UFJD is the unfocused jumpdrive. A special drive where you jump in a random generated sector. Ofter there are some nividium roids or other stuff.

Greets
Thank you!

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 21:07

Danubian wrote:Ouch please dont tell me that i have to have unmodified game for HUB plot (whatever it will be for AP when it comes) to unlock :(

I basically only installed one small mod which is supposed to improve MK3 traders thats all, it will suck hard if i cant progress just cuz of that.
It all depends on how the mod was programmed,what files it uses and how the official updates use those files,if at all.

Sounds like you might be ok this time :) ,but don't quote me as saying you're safe.

Danubian

Post by Danubian » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:26

TTD wrote:
Danubian wrote:Ouch please dont tell me that i have to have unmodified game for HUB plot (whatever it will be for AP when it comes) to unlock :(

It all depends on how the mod was programmed,what files it uses and how the official updates use those files,if at all.

Sounds like you might be ok this time :) ,but don't quote me as saying you're safe.
I really hope youre right. The MK3 improvement mod really sounded good to me when i saw it.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:54

I'll go out on a limb and promise you that will not interfere with the Hub lol.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”