x3ap and hub plots

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DickusMaximus
x3tc

x3ap and hub plots

Post by DickusMaximus » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:14

Does anyone know if egosoft are going to transplant the hub plot to x3ap? I've heard we are going to get a player headquarters. I'm greedy you see I want a hub too!
For that TP tour with a difference. Come see Xenon sector 596.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:29

As I've said several times, both HQ and HUB will be available in X3AP 2.0. We've not said anything yet about how you will obtain them though.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:37

CBJ wrote:As I've said several times, both HQ and HUB will be available in X3AP 2.0. We've not said anything yet about how you will obtain them though.
Well, *maybe* i am jumping to conclusions here, but...
Bernd Lehahn wrote: The Player HQ, Hub and Unfocused Jumpdrive will be featured in X3AP 2.0 through multiple storylines.
Source: http://gaminghud.com/articles/interview ... rnd-lehahn
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:41

Oh, I didn't realise Bernd had mentioned it. :)

OK, so the fact that there are missions involved is known now, but not the nature of those missions.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:41

Well saying "through multiple storylines" is hardly explaining in any detail how you will obtain them is it?

Mind you, if Bernd had mentioned Mahi Ma ....
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:45

Alan Phipps wrote:Mind you, if Bernd had mentioned Mahi Ma ....
And an assassination mission?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 14:49

That I would pay for.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:12

wRAR wrote:
:D I soo hate that guy :) I really hope that this time I wont have to get "a few" things for anyone :D

Also why isnt there a military version of the Hub? I mean an ultimate combat mission plotline which is ridiculously hard and requires you to do crazy amount of fighting/murdering/fleet action? OFF was "a bit" like that but still I finished it in a corvette on a pretty high combat rank

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:15

Jumee wrote:
wRAR wrote:
:D I soo hate that guy :) I really hope that this time I wont have to get "a few" things for anyone :D

Also why isnt there a military version of the Hub? I mean an ultimate combat mission plotline which is ridiculously hard and requires you to do crazy amount of fighting/murdering/fleet action? OFF was "a bit" like that but still I finished it in a corvette on a pretty high combat rank
There will be a Xenon I :)

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 15:36

wRAR wrote: There will be a Xenon I :)
I'm soooo boarding that thing :pirat: :twisted:

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 17:13

What I am hoping for is that they make the AP war scenario a bit more dynamic, and allow the player the ability to actually help win the war for your side. The prize for winning the war would be to get a PHQ.

DickusMaximus
x3tc

Post by DickusMaximus » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 17:16

ooh ooh, excellent news. Wheres 2.0 guesstimated to arrive then!
For that TP tour with a difference. Come see Xenon sector 596.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 17:29

Falcrack wrote:What I am hoping for is that they make the AP war scenario a bit more dynamic, and allow the player the ability to actually help win the war for your side. The prize for winning the war would be to get a PHQ.
I hoped, from reading the interview, the PHQ for once would not be the LAST thing you get at all. How awesome would it be if the reverse engineer / paintjob thing actually was part of a storyline?

"Listen, this is terran command: we need to paint that Valhalla reddish brown, so we can go undercover spying on the split. Oh, and also you have to build the valhalla first. And to do so, you might need a. few. things. ..."
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

Goldfinch
x3tc

Post by Goldfinch » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 17:29

Jumee wrote: Also why isnt there a military version of the Hub? I mean an ultimate combat mission plotline which is ridiculously hard and requires you to do crazy amount of fighting/murdering/fleet action? OFF was "a bit" like that but still I finished it in a corvette on a pretty high combat rank
I felt like OFF was probably supposed to be. The AI forces that jump in to the final sector tend to get slaughtered and you'd need a significant fleet of your own to actually fight your way through, rather than run away and drag the enemies off their stations.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 18:27

Goldfinch wrote:
Jumee wrote: Also why isnt there a military version of the Hub? I mean an ultimate combat mission plotline which is ridiculously hard and requires you to do crazy amount of fighting/murdering/fleet action? OFF was "a bit" like that but still I finished it in a corvette on a pretty high combat rank
I felt like OFF was probably supposed to be. The AI forces that jump in to the final sector tend to get slaughtered and you'd need a significant fleet of your own to actually fight your way through, rather than run away and drag the enemies off their stations.
They did get ripped apart almost immediately so I dealt with all the guardians and stations on my own (springy is OP enough for that :D )

what I would want is a plot line that requires you to have a full functional fleet a couple of destroyers, a carrier and... well you get the point, not one destroyer/frigate/OP corvette to finish

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 18:48

Jumee wrote:They did get ripped apart almost immediately so I dealt with all the guardians and stations on my own (springy is OP enough for that :D )
Stations? In a Springy?

Maxumous
x4

Post by Maxumous » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 18:55

CBJ wrote:Oh, I didn't realise Bernd had mentioned it. :)

OK, so the fact that there are missions involved is known now, but not the nature of those missions.
:lol: Read your first topic keep up CBJ 8)

Ed. Think he also mentioned it isn't going to be easy and he did say your the man for the job or was its under your bonnet :wink: :lol:

Ed. We are all looking forward impatiently for the release of PHQ & HUB in the next patch. :)
Last edited by Maxumous on Thu, 9. Feb 12, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Neil "Maxumous" Short. Test Devnet Team Coordinator for X-Rebirth

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 19:05

wRAR wrote:
Jumee wrote:They did get ripped apart almost immediately so I dealt with all the guardians and stations on my own (springy is OP enough for that :D )
Stations? In a Springy?
PMA/MLs do decent damage + a few spectres to finish them off (I did run out of them after the first station though :D ) + a lot of free time and it was quite fun aswell I think my fightrank was a battlemaster and there were hundreds of fighters, vette's and bigger stuff so I was hiding from them in the stations structure (if you remember what it looks like than you know its not that hard)

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 20:12

I'm wondering if they'll expand on that 'select another sector' feature from the Aldrin Plot. That could be interesting... :twisted:
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 20:19

Ripskar wrote:I'm wondering if they'll expand on that 'select another sector' feature from the Aldrin Plot. That could be interesting... :twisted:
What do you mean?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”