Incendiary bomb launcher

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danny200
xr

Incendiary bomb launcher

Post by Danny200 » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:13

How do i get rep with the Yacki to be able to buy this from them?

also is it worth having on your best capital ships? for some reason i see almost all capital ships using this so is it any good? is it also worth it?

if its no good what is the best and most powerful weapons to equip on ur capital ships? i like the iron cannon that seems to do the most damage :D

i want massive big powerful guns... i dont care for the fast or little ships i got a bucket load of M5, M4, M3's for them i just want massive powerful lasers so i can take out other capital ships and stations nice and fast

anyways any help most appreciated thanks :D

Bill Huntington
x3tc

IBL and Yaki

Post by Bill Huntington » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:21

Danny200, good thinking !

IBLs are the best weapons for the M7s. PPC and SSP are the best weapons for M2s.

There is an IBL forge is Loom. You can get access by finding a hack offer in a nearby sector. But Yaki are a good source too.

First, don't kill any Yaki if you can help it. Then do missions for them. You might get missions from the SY in Senator Badlands. You might have to to get your first missions from a Yaki ship in other sectors, offering an Attack Convoy mission. You can repair the rep loss for the one attacked later.

IBLs are worth the effort !
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:38

You can also get Yaki missions from pirate stations and sometimes even normal stations. Yaki are usually the more freaky looking guys, plus the teladi in the shiny space suit i think.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:49

Buy them??

Dont think ive ever actually bought an IBL :?
Spoiler
Show
Quickest way to get them is boarding up yaki and paranid cap ships.

Look out for weapons dealers trasnporting them as well.
Last edited by Sir Warwick on Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

Llama
x3tc

Post by Llama » Thu, 9. Feb 12, 23:50

WeriTis wrote:You can also get Yaki missions from pirate stations and sometimes even normal stations. Yaki are usually the more freaky looking guys, plus the teladi in the shiny space suit i think.
I'm pretty sure they share the same character sets, but I could be wrong.
I fly Terran for the accents

Sabrina Bergin
xr

If in ap

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:21

missions are available at the yaki exchange use those to build rep

Danny200
xr

Re: IBL and Yaki

Post by Danny200 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:22

Bill Huntington wrote: There is an IBL forge is Loom. You can get access by finding a hack offer in a nearby sector.
how do i do this? i braught a hack software for my ship is that it? i really badly want these weapons ive tried missions and talking to these yackis but nothing :(

Also there is a weapon that i would like to get called a Beam cannon? im not sure of the name but my pedia says that the Laser towers use it and that the weapon is a focused beam of light or something but i have explored every sector yet it says there is no place to buy it? :S

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Beam weapons

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:33

Khaak have them we dont end of

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:42

that was kinda harsh :S but oh well kinda odd that my ships say they can equip it yet no place sells it :S

im yet to see a Khaak in X3 AP do they exist?

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:45

Danny200 wrote:that was kinda harsh :S but oh well kinda odd that my ships say they can equip it yet no place sells it :S

im yet to see a Khaak in X3 AP do they exist?
Afaik there are no beam weapons for ships obtainable in vanilla AP as of now.

The Khaak weapons are called kyon-emitters, and alive Khaak should no longer appear in game post V1.1
But maybe, if you look around carefully, you may find some leftover traces of the infamous Khaachchchchchchchcchchhchhchch.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

Zaitsev
x4

Re: IBL and Yaki

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 00:47

Danny200 wrote:
Bill Huntington wrote: There is an IBL forge is Loom. You can get access by finding a hack offer in a nearby sector.
how do i do this? i braught a hack software for my ship is that it? i really badly want these weapons ive tried missions and talking to these yackis but nothing :(

Also there is a weapon that i would like to get called a Beam cannon? im not sure of the name but my pedia says that the Laser towers use it and that the weapon is a focused beam of light or something but i have explored every sector yet it says there is no place to buy it? :S
You have to find someone offering to hack the station within a three sector radius. Check the stations and ask the people offering missions.

Beam cannons are unavailable without mods. If you play Terran Conflict you have a random chance of getting a pair of Phased Array Laser Cannons during one of the plots, but you can only get two and if I'm not mistaken the chances of getting them is pretty low. If you're playing AP you're out of luck.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

ubica

Post by ubica » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 01:06

I have a trader docked all the time in IBL forge, but it never produced any guns after I bought initial 3 IBL's. Same goes with PBG's. Both fabs have all the resources necessary but they are obviously bugged. Were it not for capping Yaki Ryu's I could never get my hands on any of those guns.

BTW, traders are docked at pirate fabs (hacked).

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 01:42

not bugged, just takes a really long time.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

garv222

Post by garv222 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 02:44

From what I remember

IBL are slightly inferior to other capital ship weapons. They're a little more power hungry and do slightly less damage. They do some small amount of damage when the target catches on fire, but it doesn't stack.

I believe this is the basic hierarchy....

IBL comes in last, but can fit on most M7
PPC is the "middle ground" with decent damage vs shield and hull
Ion cannon does the best damage to shield
Gauss cannon does the best damage to hull
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: Incendiary bomb launcher

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 03:12

Danny200 wrote:How do i get rep with the Yacki to be able to buy this from them?
The Yaki don't have a monopoly on them. You can get them from any Pirate's IBL forge. In my game, I routinely buy them in the Unknown sector off of PTNI and in Loomanstrack's <sp> Legacy.
also is it worth having on your best capital ships? for some reason i see almost all capital ships using this so is it any good? is it also worth it?
You might see them in AI cap ships, but that doesn't mean they're good capital ship weapons. If your capital can mount better weapons, do so. IMO, the best use is to give semi-capital punching power to some M7 and some TLs. If you can't field better, use them.

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 08:56

Check Mercenaries' Rift for another Pirate IBL forge.

David Howland
x3tc

Ibl

Post by David Howland » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 10:46

I am playing TC but boarding does exist in AP if a bit more challenging because of tougher hulls. If you get into boarding this can bring a good supply of IBLs. I fight train my marines in Dukes Domain taking the Dukes Zeus, every time I board one I get the chance of taking the 12 IBL package as a reward. I have taken about a hundred IBLs so far and still counting.
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 10:56

hulls arent anymore tougher than they were in TC.....
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

David Howland
x3tc

Tougher?

Post by David Howland » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 11:41

Sorry Catra,
You are probably right but it does seem to be a popular misconception. I have read a few posts by AP players describing TC large ship hulls as 'paper thin' in comparison with AP ones, making battles and boarding a good deal more difficult?
However as I am still stuck in TC, I cannot possibly comment!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 11:48

It's the hull strength numbers.

AFAIK it doesn't affect boarding ops, but it means your big fat
M2s are supposed to last a bit longer when the shields are gone. Officially it's
up to ten times the hull for capital ships.

I've not tried the new spacewalk boarding yet, but pod boarding seems the
same, except for the Rapid Runaway Force ships :evil: :headbang:

It makes repairing with the laser a bit of a pig IMO though.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”