[X3AP] Invincible pirate M3

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dantrithor
x3tc

[X3AP] Invincible pirate M3

Post by Dantrithor » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 02:27

Let's say I have a small problem. There is this invulnerable pirate barracuda M3 with 0/18.000 hull, 1x 25Mw shield left, and a few lasers roaming around the place where I'm building a crystal manufacturing complex (Spires of Elusion). It's blasting away the local defender M5-M3 due to it's invulnerable state, and it has a pilot and all the standard stuff.

It's the first time I see this... so I'm curious. Is there any way of killing the swamp dweller or getting rid of it in any way? (modding/cheating is not an option)

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 02:50

Get some IonD's and burn his lasers off. Without weapons, he won't be much of a threat.
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 02:58

can't you repair-laser him?
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 04:47

Awesome, so those ships show up in AP as well. I want one :twisted: I already conjured 8 repair lasers in case I find one :) On a side note, I am also wondering whether it is possible to detect those ships via a script... Is it some flag getting set by a mistake or just nobody knows ? :)

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 18:22

Can you force him to bail?
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 18:28

Firing at him with a repair laser was reported to get those pilots to bail in TC. However, this is far more dangerous in AP as you can't conjure Repair Lasers with the CLS anymore.
If you get that ship, you'll have an invulnerable personal ship which will never let you down, but once RE'ed (given that there will be a PHQ in AP someday), it will lose that invulnerability.

best regards,
Rox
"Warnung: Frachtraum ist.....Frachtraum enthält nun: Khaak Zerstörer" -"Cool!"

http://www.seizewell.de - die ultimative deutsche Ressource zur X-Reihe
http://www.x-lexikon.xibo.at -ein deutsches Wiki zur X-Reihe

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 18:31

I had them bail in TC using normal weapons. No need for a repair laser.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 18:35

Nanook wrote:I had them bail in TC using normal weapons. No need for a repair laser.
Don't you need to make some hull damage to make a ship bail? What if the hull is at 0% already? I remember trying for probably 20 min to kick it with CIGs for no avail and then RL did it from almost the first shot.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 18:45

Sounds like the RNG fooled you. It gets everybody eventually. :lol:

I don't know about the hull damage requirement, once the hull is below 87%. All I know is I got mine to bail using normal weapons. I've never tried using a repair laser. The ones I chased were generally too fast for my pokey 'suit to keep up with, anyway.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 19:10

Rhox wrote:If you get that ship, you'll have an invulnerable personal ship which will never let you down
Not quite. You will just have a ship that will not die. It can lose all shields then hull and in the process slow almost to a stop and probably lose all wares and extensions when under sustained fire. Not so useful after all.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Master of the Blade
x3tc

Post by Master of the Blade » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 19:12

Hey, it's always nice to have a ship that doesn't get instagibbed when an M8 or M7M decides to take an interest in it... :roll:
Allergic to work.

If at first you don't succeed, delegate the job to a minion.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 19:32

Master of the Blade wrote:Hey, it's always nice to have a ship that doesn't get instagibbed when an M8 or M7M decides to take an interest in it... :roll:
LOL use it to piss M7M's off before you board them :D (I had to do the whole pissing of thing in a springy :D still took quite a lot of shield damage from flails)

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 19:38

Alan Phipps wrote:
Rhox wrote:If you get that ship, you'll have an invulnerable personal ship which will never let you down
Not quite. You will just have a ship that will not die. It can lose all shields then hull and in the process slow almost to a stop and probably lose all wares and extensions when under sustained fire. Not so useful after all.
I meant "never lets you down" in the way that as long as you fly it,you will never die. Of course you may lose all wares and will slow down to almost no movement at all, but it will always get you home...

best regards,
Rhox

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 19:41

Rhox wrote:...Of course you may lose all wares and will slow down to almost no movement at all, but it will always get you home...
Unless you get chased by a corvette firing CIG's. Hard to fly a straight line in a fighter when you're getting hit by those. :lol:

Rhox
x4

Post by Rhox » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 09:45

Never piss off a ship with CIGs in a single figter :D

best regards,
Rhox

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 17:45

D'oh. Well, I honestly only wanted to get rid of it. But I guess it's quite cool to have an invulnerable ship flying around my crystal production complex. It gives the sector a sense of "uniqueness". I will surely not bother capturing it, unless it get's a fixation against my complex (I don't want betty to turn me crazy by the station attack warning every 30 seconds)

But I really feel I must ask this... can this problem, whatever it's caused by, affect capital ships? If I get an invulnerable capital ship anywhere near my assets I'm going to be quite annoyed.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 19:01

So you don't feel the need to ram an entire Xenon sector into submission then? :rofl:
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 19:29

That might be ramming an entire Xenon sector at 10 m/s top speed though once the total hull damage has been taken. Hope you can catch something other than stations!
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 19:42

It actually moves at an impressive (considering its state) 40-odd m/s so I may pretty well be able to ram a sector to death with patience. I'm going realistically I'm this playthrough so no exploits!

deca.death
x3tc

Post by deca.death » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 21:49

Hit it with repair lasers. Save prior and if fails reload. I had LX and now nova raider in xrm, both undead. Best ship for satellite deployment.

One coincidence and one lucky boarding /Undead LX

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”