[TC] Carrier Commands?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

jffr363

[TC] Carrier Commands?

Post by jffr363 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 05:19

Is there a way to tell a carrier to launch just a single wing? or do i have to do that through the wing command? And is there a way to tell it to only launch certain fighters when i use the launch fighters command?

Catra

Post by Catra » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 05:25

wing command
no
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

WeriTis
x3tc

Post by WeriTis » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 05:29

one of the things i always wondered why they were not in the game: wings per carrier in addition to global wings, that you could command from the carriers command menu.

I mean, can you have something more obvious and do not put it in?

But as Catra said.
"An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded."
dzhedzho wrote: Trade - insults with other community members, or tips how to improve performance
Fight - with steam for refund, or the overwhelming feeling of hopelessness
Build - your patience and knowledge of xml save editing.
Think - before you preorder next time

jffr363

Post by jffr363 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 05:30

darn okay

i figured cause i couldnt find anything in wing command or the carrier... and yeah thats annoying, really dont want my spitfyre launching lol dont trust the ai witha 400m/s ship

garv222

Re: [TC] Carrier Commands?

Post by garv222 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 05:33

jffr363 wrote:Is there a way to tell a carrier to launch just a single wing? or do i have to do that through the wing command? And is there a way to tell it to only launch certain fighters when i use the launch fighters command?

Not in vanilla AFAIK. You can launch single wings by issuing commands to just that wing though.

What you're looking for is the mod/script CODEA. It does force a lot of upkeep costs on you by forcing you to man each fighter with a pilot, but each fighter can be assigned to a specialized hangar(interceptor, fighter, bomber, patrol ETC). There's a whole bunch of stuff to work with there.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Aeshi
x3tc

Post by Aeshi » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 09:21

The "Launch Fighters" command only launches fighters who have the carrier set as their home base, so if you only want certain fighters to launch just don't have the carrier as their homebase

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Fri, 10. Feb 12, 13:14

Yeah, CODEA is the best script option I've found.

In vanilla, which some people prefer for some obscure reason, the best thing to do is assign them as different wings. That gives the best individual control.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”