[TC] Are corvettes somewhat limited by their weapon selection?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

garv222

Post by garv222 » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 10:16

I think m6 perform fine VS flocks of fighters... as long as they don't use PBG...which 50% of fighters seem to have. A m3 is around 1.5-3 mil while a m6 is around 3-4 times that cost. A m6 should be able to effectively fight off about 6-7 fighters even if you just take a head on approach and dive in. Anymore than that and you are probably biting off more than you can chew. Another added benefit is that m6 can start firing the nastier missiles like hornets and typhoons. When money is tight I know people don't like to spend money on missiles, but they really do make the difference. Particularly if you can get your hands on anything that re-targets.
Duke's Buccaneers... I hate you so much... I am sooo demolishing your HQ when our business is finished....

Kirlack
x3tc

Re: Uncivil?

Post by Kirlack » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 11:20

David Howland wrote:Many will say I should not raise this here but this did arise in the cut and thrust of this debate about player ships, which because players spend so many game hours in them evoke powerful loyalties. Also I think it absolutely vital that this is clarified in this forum so that players posting here can know what can and cannot be posted in these recurring debates, safely.
Yesterday I posted in defence of the M6 challenging the notion that one ship might be expected to do anything without limitation. The OP found this view hostile and I apologised. The moderator accused me of being uncivil???
Well I have read the post over and over and I am really worried, on reflection I cannot see anything at all uncivil in it at all. Can anyone please clarify this for me?
I read the post in question, and I think the point was that you were (or at least appeared to be) knocking Rebirths 'one ship policy' so to speak. Whilst I understand your concerns on that matter I'm going to wait for the actual release and a chance to test it out before I make any kind of judgement :)

David Howland
x3tc

Thanks Kirlack!

Post by David Howland » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 12:15

Thank you very much Kirlack for your kind effort to clarify here!
While your view that the moderator objected to a possible knocking of RB which I would sympathise with, as this is neither the forum or the time to assess the new game. The moderator in this case made no reference to RB only my supposed incivility to the OP. I am afraid I still totally fail to see how recommending RB to a player, can be regarded as uncivil. Of course the mention of any view that disagrees with a previously expressed view could be said to be uncivil but the thought of all threads consisting of posts sycophantically agreeing with and praising the OPs view would be peculiar in a debating forum?
If anyone should think I make too much of this, it should be pointed out I have just been readmitted from a ban from these forums for mere mention of a subject!
Any further attempts to clarify this puzzle will be most welcome!
The BANISHED RETURNS.
HEALTH WARNING! Steam Damages Freedom Of Speech!
Congratulations Egosoft on increasing memory usage from 2 to 3 Gb.
Bin playing X too long when Egosoft refuses to sell you their latest game?
The only steam I want is in my kettle! STEAM=GAME OVER.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”