Carriers

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TomatoAE
x4

Carriers

Post by TomatoAE » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 01:42

Is there any good way to see what you can dock with a carrier? are they limited to only M3-M5s? I'd really like one where i can dock a m6/7/8

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 01:50

Normal carriers are limited to M3+-M5s, yes. I believe the Terran Kyoto in AP has bays for M6s and M8s, but the only ship that can dock an M7 is the Aran, which is found in Unfocused Jump Drive sectors, and hence is only available in TC right now.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 16:14

If you do not mind using scripts there is this excellent one:

Beamdock - to beam ships on and off any ship with docking ports, from anywhere in scanner range.
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=226623

It also lets you dock ships that you can't normally dock.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 16:26

It'd be nice if they could at least also fit TPs. Always irritates me when doing the Terran plot in TC that when you get to Aldrin, you're given a Scabbard to help capture the #deca, but even if you manage to capture the #deca, you can't put the scabbard on it to get it out of the sector. Always have to come back with a carrier that has a ship able to trade a jumpdrive to the scabbard to get it out of Aldrin, and a lot of the time I simply forget the TP is even there by the time I can afford a jumpdrive to put on it.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 16:32

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:It'd be nice if they could at least also fit TPs. Always irritates me when doing the Terran plot in TC that when you get to Aldrin, you're given a Scabbard to help capture the #deca, but even if you manage to capture the #deca, you can't put the scabbard on it to get it out of the sector. Always have to come back with a carrier that has a ship able to trade a jumpdrive to the scabbard to get it out of Aldrin, and a lot of the time I simply forget the TP is even there by the time I can afford a jumpdrive to put on it.

The above mentioned script lets you do that too, although some care needs to be applied when docking things bigger than M3+s.

I am actually using a Panther as the carrier.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”