[X3AP] Best Frigate For IBL

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KurTr
x4

[X3AP] Best Frigate For IBL

Post by KurTr » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 21:22

I've got plenty IBL, and i cant fit them on my Griffon.

So Which frigate should i buy-capture for using IBL
( I need a ship like griffon, not big, decent maneouverability and speed)

Edit: It has come to this : Tiggy or Aggy or Deimos?

(I need IBL mainly for taking out other frigates fast. so i dont need 8 IBL up front, so deimos can also be a choice? amirite? )
Last edited by KurTr on Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:31, edited 3 times in total.

BloodBrain
x2

Post by BloodBrain » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 21:24

Tiger/Panther

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 21:34

The Tiger can mount 12, the Panther 10 (I think) and the Shrike 8, although the Shrike's generator's a bit weak for them.

The Panther's also a light carrier, and the Shrike can carry Gauss Cannons, which are ammo based and use very little generator energy.

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 21:42

This old chestnut again! :roll:

The Shrike gets the Gauss cannon, 4 of them; which along with a few IBL up front are excellent in the players hands! It also has a huge cargo bay and is cheaper than the Panther or the Tiger. ( I think by 10 million? )
The Tiger also does without a hangar and is ugly. :P

Then there are the Deimos which can mount only 4 IBl, but has the best anti fighter weapon. Or the best of many worlds the Agamemnon. Just a shame it too has no hangar and a smaller cargo bay. :)
Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:03

Shrike can only support 1-2 IBL's in prolonged battles (almost forever :P ) and is better with something less energy hungry in main battery, actually IPG's do a good job since they deal high shield damage and GC rip hull apart, but anyway this is a bit off-topic

On topic the main IBL frigate is (IMO) tiger

KurTr
x4

Post by KurTr » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:24

Teladi ships? Too damn slow.

So its a choice between Tiger and Aggy ann Deimos?

So Which is Better OVERALL?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:31

At least the Aggy doesn't look like a giant phallus! Only useful for women and men with tiny peeing equipment! :P

As for the Shrike, with 8 IBL up front and four gauss on the sides, which fire forward too by the way, I can eat M2s, no probs! It just takes careful use of what energy you do have, try to not miss! :D

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:48

Its really a matter of personal choice, both Aggy and Tiger are good frigates, you should just get both fly them and see which one you like more, oh and btw you cant buy Aggy you need to board it

foil

Post by foil » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:52

the boron thresher isnt a bad choice, the 10 slots up frount are not turrets, so it avoids the slow turret swing, it is rather wide as a sidenote so just be aware you dont wing clip your own frigets n destroyers when your messing around its also rather quick and can turn just as good as most corvets.....

overall its like a huge fighter, i was thinking of seting up a fleet of like 8 of them to obliterate stuff

speaking of IBL's, Do they charge up? cause theres a diffrence in engergy used per shot , taping fire vs holding it for about a second n a half.... anyone know?

greypanther
x3ap

Post by greypanther » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 22:54

Yes you can do a charged shot with IBL. :)

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 23:18

But it's a horrible idea except as the first shot. Charged IBL DPS is 7% lower than uncharged, according to the numbers on the wiki. (All other charging weapons have higher DPS when charged, however)

KurTr
x4

Post by KurTr » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 23:20

Jumee wrote:Its really a matter of personal choice, both Aggy and Tiger are good frigates, you should just get both fly them and see which one you like more, oh and btw you cant buy Aggy you need to board it
No problem. I Can easily get enought money for M7M, pods, ion weapons and mercs in 2-3 days

Note that im not planning to carry the fight to destroyers. i've got a boreas full of PPC already(was going to buy a split m2, but no flak makes it hard)

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 11. Feb 12, 23:28

the ISR is actually a pretty decent weapon for anti-fighter duty.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

KurTr
x4

Post by KurTr » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 00:09

Catra wrote:the ISR is actually a pretty decent weapon for anti-fighter duty.
They told me same thing
i believed it would be good. until i tried boreas with 8 frontal flak :D

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 08:20

greypanther wrote:The Tiger also does without a hangar and is ugly. :P
It is not ugly :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”