Repair is maddening

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

TomatoAE
x4

Repair is maddening

Post by TomatoAE » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 19:34

Ok so.....

I am using a cobra to steal Akuma's from The Senator's Badlands.... So far I have captured 3.....

I go through 5 SETAs repairing each ship to full for a profit of 79mil each.... Spending 40 minutes holding control and J just isn't as exciting as it never was....

any suggestions ? :)

angry boron
x3ap

Re: Repair is maddening

Post by angry boron » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 20:08

TomatoAE wrote:Ok so.....

I am using a cobra to steal Akuma's from The Senator's Badlands.... So far I have captured 3.....

I go through 5 SETAs repairing each ship to full for a profit of 79mil each.... Spending 40 minutes holding control and J just isn't as exciting as it never was....

Don't repair them before you sell them.

Why should you get to repair your ships for free anyway? I think it's a fair trade, if you want to use lots of time then you can have free repairs. If you want it done fast, you pay.

There are obviously faster ways to make money than stealing Akumas anyway, if that's all you're after.

Dr. Moe Lester
x3tc

Post by Dr. Moe Lester » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 20:09

If you don't care about the modified tag, I would recommend the marine repair mod. It lets your marines repair the ship they are on based on their mechanical and engineering skill. It works for both AP and TC and I would highly recommend it.

TomatoAE
x4

Post by TomatoAE » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 20:13

I have 4 complexes producing chips, etc.....

Stealing akuma's is still faster.....

If i sell I get about half of the value.....

Its just silly that your space suit has a repair laser but you can't trick out a few robots to go do the job... or an m3.

I am playing the vanilla game... looking for badges, etc. Once you enable mods i get lazy and just give myself everything and the game stops being fun

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 20:20

any suggestions ?
1. Train your marines better and optimise your boarding tactics, so the hulls of your target objects aren't damage that much.
2. Don't waste time repairing ships, if you could board other and more ships in the meantime.
3. Repair ships on a shipyard or your HQ, if you want to keep them and get the repairing done more quickly and easier.
4. If you don't have the money for that invest in some automatic traders and/or factories to get a steady income.
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sun, 12. Feb 12, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

kardgar
x3tc

Re: Repair is maddening

Post by kardgar » Sun, 12. Feb 12, 20:46

TomatoAE wrote:Ok so.....

It honestly takes a minute or two for a new Akuma to spawn in Senators badlands. So sell them faster and skip the whole repair process and you'll make more money faster. Steal your Akuma and sell it for 40m all beat to hell. Steal another one in three minutes for another 40m, problem solved?

Hell even if you reloaded on the capture until you get a cargo full of capital weapons, it would be faster and that would tick up another 15-26m to your haul. Even the crappiest marines will leave around 45-50% hull intact. I wouldn't bother repairing it.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 04:01

If you have an Aran, and can keep it supplied properly, CODEA will allow you to have mechanics repair docked ships and since the Aran can dock Capitals... you get the idea. Requires a LOT of resources though. More fun than sitting on the keyboard.

Or get a book and weight down the CTRL key.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 05:23

Marine repairs always feels a bit cheesy to repair capped ships with. I mean it's freaking lovely late game when I have capitals M6/7s patrolling sectors and I don't want to be bogged down by repairing a ship every ten minutes. But to use it on a ship you just capped feels a bit too easy.

I recommend Gazzs auto target script. It gives you SETA automatically when you eject and gives you a hotkey to auto repair. Just press right ctrl or whatever your key of choice is and press SETA. It will automatically fire the repair laser on your target while SETA is activated, ezpz.

Saves a lot of hassle.

h3h

Post by h3h » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 06:00

Spoiler
Show
Right before they go into the fight phase while boarding, jump to a different sector. The moment they hit fight phase 5 queue up to jump back to the sector where the boarding is going on. By the time you jump back they will be in the hacking phase and you will notice the hull stays at 100% hull when doing it this way.

:)

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 11:21

Dr. Moe Lester wrote:If you don't care about the modified tag, I would recommend the marine repair mod. It lets your marines repair the ship they are on based on their mechanical and engineering skill. It works for both AP and TC and I would highly recommend it.
Even better the mod that allows your ships to use repair lasers
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 00:11

TomatoAE wrote:...
Its just silly that your space suit has a repair laser but you can't trick out a few robots to go do the job... or an m3....
As I pointed out to another poster in another thread, the repair laser was put in the game to allow players to repair their damaged personal ship early in the game, and perhaps repair all those secondhand ships you could buy. It really wasn't meant as a capital ship repair weapon, since making quick and easy repairs to big ships unbalances the game.

It's entirely possible to get undamaged captures through the boarding process, if you take the time to train up the engineering skill on all of your marines, and carefully regulate how you keep the shields down during the hull cutting phase. So a cheap repair option really isn't necessary. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 12:11

Quite you, with your talk of Balance. We have space flamethrowers and Terran ships. Balance is a non-issue.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”