[IDEA] customisible custom start.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TouchMyNipple
x4

[IDEA] customisible custom start.

Post by TouchMyNipple » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 11:35

I'd realy want to know what was the great idea of including a custom start option in the game if it is not custom at all.
As far as it is possible to make "custom" start scripts (like pirate or yaki starts), i belive it hsould be not extremely hard to make custom start customisible. Like pick pilot race, portrait, starting property (from a list of premades or via buy and equip system - you recieve some cash and start buying and equiping ship based on race you chose before the game start). Maybe add dificulty modificators. Like start in hostile sector (which may grant you bonus starting money for example). Something like that.
Also, since there are scripts for both "all plots complete" and "enable plot in custom start" those could be incorporated and chosen at atart as well...

I'm not involved in coding, so not much i can do myself, only ideas.

Shimrod
x4

Post by Shimrod » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 12:09

The Custom Start script for AP lets you configure starting money, ships, reputation, exploration, HQ. There's a planned enhancement for placing stations.

TouchMyNipple
x4

Post by TouchMyNipple » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 13:29

Problem is - it is AP only. And i was thinking of the same thing for TC. Idealy it should be compatible with major MODs like XRM, X-tended and so on... Like get an all-round "sandbox" mode. Might as well be included in bous pack, maybe...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”