How to get rid of unwanted Asteroids

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danny200
xr

How to get rid of unwanted Asteroids

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:16

hi i want this perfect sector setup i have so far in this empty sector my ore mine and silicon mine... and then i will add other factorys later

but thats the only 2 mines i want...

in my sector it has hundreds of astroids that just make the place look untidy and crap

i want to get rid of all the asteroids in my sector and just have these 2 that are my ore and silicon mine i want a nice clean clear sector

i tried missles.... but it just blows them up into more asteroids :evil:

i then tried blowing them asteroids (smaller ones) up and then they just make more :evil:

at one time... i did manage to get my ship to mine minerals in the sector but it just flys to the asteroid..stops for a second.. then moves to next... stops then moves on...

ive tried everything to get rid of asteroids and its just so painful...

anyone got any tips/reasons why they will not mine the asteroids in my sector? and anyone know a cheap cost effective fast way to get rid of all asteroids? thanks
so i braught a ship then went command-special-mine minerals and chose ore then chose my ore mine to dock them at....

it moves 5ft then stops and in my property menu says that it has none under command... its doing nothing =/ it has ore colector and 6 drilling lasers lol :evil:

i then tried taking control of my ship blowing the asteroids then setting it to collect the rocks itself.... the ship blows up from damage :evil:

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:18

the only way to get rid of big asteroids is to place a mine on them and blow up the mine.

then youd have station debris in your sector for some time. =P
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:20

The only way to permanently destroy an asteroid is to put a mine on it, then self-destruct the mine.

But, the asteroid will never respawn if you do that, so you will be removing possibly valuable resource opportunities for yourself.

Or, you can put mines on those asteroids, haul the asteroids out of the way, and then turn the mines off, so they don't repeatedly ask for resources.

You could also install a mod to remove the asteroids or use the editor. I'm sure there must be an editor command that allows you do despawn the asteroids. But, your game will be marked as "modified" if you do that.

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:26

what do u mean self destruct the mine? u mean like put an ore mine on a ore asteroid then theres a command or button to self destruct a station? :?

Catra

Post by Catra » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:29

yeah.

land at the station and under advanced theres a self destruct button.

the ship you are flying has one too.
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:30

i am playing X3 AP are you sure it has one? i never ever seen one befor lol

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:30

Yes. There's that option with every station you own. Just be quick about undocking after you give the order though. :skull: :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

brucewarren
x3tc

Post by brucewarren » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:32

All stations you own can be self destructed. You may have to be docked
to issue the command.

You get about 10 seconds to undock and get out of the way.

EDIT Ninja'd. Oh well better that than getting caught in the blast

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:33

ok thank you i got tons of money enough to build 1 factory on every asteroid then blow them up :D i should have a perfect sector then...

the other thing i did not mention is the computer is kinda dumb and my ships crash into asteroids alot and then blow up i now know why i get alot of missing ships for no reason :P

pr0nflakes
x4

Post by pr0nflakes » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 22:39

Haul them away from the center of the sector so you're not left with the debris sat there for weeks.

ShoC
x4

Post by ShoC » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 23:05

Just tractor the asteroids stone distance out of the general area you're using
You get to keep them for mining and can make a huge pile of asteroid just because you can and then post picture hehe
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:
because you cant terraform a rock.

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 23:08

you'll still have station debris for a while cluttering up your sector so it really is best to just place mines on them and drag them out of the way. A shut down mine is always better than no mine at all.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: How to get rid of unwanted Asteroids

Post by Nanook » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 00:16

Danny200 wrote:hi i want this perfect sector setup i have so far in this empty sector my ore mine and silicon mine... and then i will add other factorys later

but thats the only 2 mines i want...

in my sector it has hundreds of astroids that just make the place look untidy and crap...
There are plenty of sectors with only a very few asteroids, and no smaller rocks. Why not choose one of those for your personal sector? That's a whole lot less hassle than trying to permanently remove large numbers of asteroids and hordes of debris rocks, IMO.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

palm911
x4

Post by palm911 » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 00:21

i am going to do that in Savage spur.

pretty sure 2.0 will hit before i end clearing the sector :)

nice distraction lol
X gamer , one at a time.

dontkillme352
x2

Post by dontkillme352 » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 20:13

How do you "shut down" a mine?

Aragosnat
x4

Post by Aragosnat » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 22:18

With the bonas pack. The CAG or CLS one?
Chain Maille Armor
Profitzz
May this spacefly bother you.
[ external image ]
TC: 32+ Squidie (Steam DiD) deaths and counting since around June 18, 2012.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 22:23

dontkillme352 wrote:How do you "shut down" a mine?
when you complex them together, there will be an option to view factories of the complex, then from there you can switch individual factories on / off.

or you could just not give it any resources, if you dont want to deal with that mess. =P

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 08:33

better to complex them , otherwise they will continually flash yellow in the list , which can get annoying.

So tow them to one side, complex them and shut them down.

If you are in sector and especially if on SETA, you stand a good chance of loosing your traders to collision problems.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”