Reloading saves for capturing fighters?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sadron
x3tc

Reloading saves for capturing fighters?

Post by sadron » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 23:42

I'm trying to capture, presently, a prototype nova with a ship fitted with PBEs since according to the wiki they have a high morale damaging factor. Assuming the guy doesn't want to give up a ship, were I to reload a save would it give me another chance or is that guy pretty much stuck saying "you can't have my ship"?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 13. Feb 12, 23:52

There's a large degree of randomness to capturing fighters, but there are other factors to consider, too, such as your combat ranking, the size of your ship in relation to the target, and the target pilot's morale. Reloading doesn't really change any of those factors, so no need to do so unless you've beaten the hull down to the point where it's about to blow up. So either be persistent with the current one, or blow it up and go looking for another, on the chance that the new one will have a slightly lower morale.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

cattafett
x3tc

Post by cattafett » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 00:00

as i understand it all small ships can bail its just that if the pilot has a high morale/fight skill it becomes unlikely
i think other factors are you fight rank, the ship your in and maybe the guns you use but it all comes down to the RNG
if you save your game then open the script editor(become modified) and turn on the additional info
you can see the pilots moral/fight skill by looking at the ships info and going to the very bottom to the page(page down button 2 or 3 times)
decide if its worth the hassle of repeated reloading
then reload you non-modified game save and try to make he bail to your hearts content

hope that helps catta
those UFOs you hear about are just what you tried to explaine to me going over my head
Advanced Complex-Hub you know you need it Catta Fett's D.O.G.S Vanilla safe mod collectionyou don't need them but you want them
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 00:29

Well as it turns out after a couple reloads I got him to bail. So I can attest to perserverance. Each prototype is precious, so I see blowing it up and finding another one as not an option ;p

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”