[xtc] hub gates

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aidyer
x3tc

[xtc] hub gates

Post by Aidyer » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 14:41

Which sectors should I link the six gates in the Unknown sectors to for maximum trade flow?

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 15:18

Don't think of it in terms of six individual gates, that's not how it works. They are three pairs of gates which drop between a normal gate link. For instance, if you connect gate pair 1 to the south gate of Argon Prime, the Hub sector is now between Argon prime an Home of Light.

Now, as to where to connect them, that depends on what you intend to do with the hub sector. For myself I trade mainly with the Argon, so I connected pair one to Presidents End -> Home of Light, pair two to Aladna Hill -> Akeela's Beacon, and pair three to Omicron Lyrae -> Treasure Chest. With that set up every Argon sector was within 6 jumps of the Hub, allowing me to maximize profitssss :teladi:

I believe you can connect the gates to make every sector no more than 12 jumps from any other sector, but I don't know which connections you would have to set.

AL'42
x3tc

Post by AL'42 » Tue, 14. Feb 12, 15:51

If you’re just looking for max throughput of ships do a quick scan of likely sectors, they’ll be ones with 3 or 4 gates. Obviously sectors in the west are the busiest (and safest). Possibles….

Menelaus Frontier / south
Hatikvahs Faith / south
Argon Prime /north / east

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”