Can we got the Argon commandor shut up?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

akanisi

Can we got the Argon commandor shut up?

Post by akanisi » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:21

He is so annoying! And the worst thing I can't bear is he always interrupting my SETA! I really want to kill that guy!

He might thank god not let me know where he is or I will drive over 100 ships to **** him off...

Do anybody knows how to shut this guy's mouth up? Many thanks~~

sadron
x3tc

Post by sadron » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:23

Unfortunately (presently) we are unable to make him quiet down. However I THINK in 2.0 or whatever the patch is gonna be called they'll give the option to abstain from his war reports or something. Or perhaps turn them off after you've completed the Albion Prelude storyline.

Jumee
x3tc

Post by Jumee » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:24

next patch will allow to turn him off, also searching forums is a good idea :P this topic ATF rep and PHQ are brought up every day :P

akanisi

Post by akanisi » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:32

Oh my god~~This is a good news and also a bad news..

I have to bear him until next patch comes out? give me a break...

Now I even can hear his damn voice when I going sleep....The only thing I can do is to turn all the sound in the game off so that I can get my ears peace...

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:00

I have tended to find that parking myself in Jupiter and going quite a way out seems to stop the announcer.

I guess maybe because it's supposedly a war zone??

I never seem to be bothered by anything though and I just keep my pilot information screen up to see how much money I'm on. having built the basic money aming infrastructure I need a few hundred million per new complex and this seems the easiest way to get there.

Might be worth giving it a go if you are just looking to sit somewhere quiet in SETA for a while :)

I have noticed that my fight rank decreases quite a bit whilst doing nothing in SETA but I guess this makes sense as the game probably assumes I'd be getting rusty!!!

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:55

When you have a trade window opened, reports are postponed until you close the window.

DrHarvey12
x3tc

Post by DrHarvey12 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 11:22

wRAR wrote:When you have a trade window opened, reports are postponed until you close the window.
I did try that in Ringo's Moon too and I can confirm that it does work.

Once you close the window you tend to get a load of the argon commander reports playing back to back.

I don't get that at all if I do it in Jupiter though so it will at least save you having to bother with listening to them ;)

[Edit: Currently sitting in Jupiter about 115km out from the main bases close to the south gate with no trade window open. SETA hasn't stopped in the last 5 mins but I'll leave it another 10 to be sure! - Left it around half an hour now with no interruptions so it's obviously fine to SETA in Jupiter as long as you are far enough out not to be bothered by anybody and you don't need to leave any windows open]

Ralen-Sharr

Post by Ralen-Sharr » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 18:50

I found he shut up when he asked me to dock at some station and I haven't done it yet.

Blissful silence....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”