X3 AP Weapon Supply

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Danny200
xr

X3 AP Weapon Supply

Post by Danny200 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:38

i have been to all the factorys equipment docks and bases in the whole universe ad every single place says they are at 0/10 (example) of everything i need to fill my ships lasers :cry:

im looking for phased repeater guns and incendary bomb launchers mostly and every places is always out and also many other lasers

ive tried stocking up all the needed resources to max but they still dont produce any...

is there any reason why the factorys do not make the items they are ment to even if they are full on resources? is it a bug? or can there only be a limit to how many lasers there can be in the world?

i would make my own but i have no clue where to buy a factory that makes incendary bomb launchers and phased repeater guns

Catra

Post by Catra » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:47

they have a production time....
Just saying it forward: I give everyone 2 posts to make good, in context posts(proper english, as always, is optional). After that I'm ignoring what you have to say in that thread that's directed to what we previously were talking about.

Danny200
xr

Post by Danny200 » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:48

:lol: of what? :P 6 hours real life waiting time on SETA? :P and im not exaggerating :P

Sir Warwick
x4

Post by Sir Warwick » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 03:49

Best to look for ships to loot - getting decent numbers from factories means a very long wait.

Vim Razz
x4

Post by Vim Razz » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 04:00

Check your in-game encyclopedia for PRG factories, and it will tell you where to find them in you've discovered those shipyards yet.

A handy way to gather weapons with little effort is to get your own EQ dock, set the weapon you want as a ware, and assign a few CAG shoppers to it to pick up whatever becomes available.

|-|Mohawk|-|
x4

Post by |-|Mohawk|-| » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 05:16

Vim Razz wrote:Check your in-game encyclopedia for PRG factories, and it will tell you where to find them in you've discovered those shipyards yet.

A handy way to gather weapons with little effort is to get your own EQ dock, set the weapon you want as a ware, and assign a few CAG shoppers to it to pick up whatever becomes available.
Yes, I used that a lot in TC. I think I used "buy ware for best price" though. Just make sure you don't transfer more money to the EQ dock than you want to spend. They'll keep buying until they run out of money (assuming there is space for them in the EQ dock, of course).

Alternatively, if you have a bit of coin you can just set up some complexes. That's what I always do. Then I park a Mistral SF there and use if for storage.
Autopilot epically failed.

Burnt Pies
x3tc

Post by Burnt Pies » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 05:51

A Phased Repeater Gun forge is available from the Federal Argon Shipyards in Argon Prime, Cloudbase SE, Legend's Home and Argon M148. Unfortunately the only way of getting an IBL forge is to board a TL that's carrying one, and that doesn't happen very often. The IBLs themselves are fairly easy to get from boarding capital ships, however.

Ripskar
x3ap

Post by Ripskar » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 10:52

Are the factories actually supplied with primary resources?
Do you miss dangerous pirates?
Try leading the target a little more...

ImageCobra Mk. III Cmdr.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 14:10

Production time is tied to the cost of the item. So a 400K cr M6 gun will take about 2 hours, and a 1mil cr capital gun 4-5 hours.

All factories are small(1x) type, so they will only have one item built at a time. This means you need a LOT of factories to get the big items built! It's quite a challenge when capital ships can take over 40 capital grade guns, so plan accordingly.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”